“AN EXPERIENCE YOU MUST NOT MISS!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$130 January Special
Ranked #12 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Southampton
“AN EXPERIENCE YOU MUST NOT MISS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 5 days in August 2011 at the Battlefield Bed & Breakfast at Gettysburg , P.A and were thrilled with the experience. We are returning there in November 2012. The accomadations exceeded our expectations and the breakfast was outstanding. The staff is courteous and attentive. They display the knowledge of the Inn and the Hospitality that enhances your time there. Surrounded by the period antique furnishing, the warmth of the rooms, immaculately clean, and the property itself leads to a very restfull stay. I highly reccomend this establishment and my thanks to Florence, the Inn Keeper, for providing the setting for a wonderfull time. We are returning in 2012 with 9 of our friends so that they may share this beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: They are all excellent rooms but if you have mobility issues there are those that are available on t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I just got back from a weekend in Gettysburg and stayed a night in the beautiful Tack room of the Barn. The exposed beams & stone wall of the barn along with the most comfortable bed made this place my new favorite comfy luxurious getaway spot.

The staff is what makes the place so special. All were accommodating and made you feel right at home. The full breakfast was delicious. And the morning history lesson with Gerry was fascinating.

The grounds were beautiful and well kept. I liked feeling like we were away from it all when actually just a few moments away from all Gettysburg attractions. I plan on returning as soon as possible and look forward to seeing the staff once again.

My only regret is not staying longer.

• Stayed September 2012
Hartland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our recent trip to Gettysburg was my first and my companion's 15th. When travelling we always enjoy staying at a bed and breakfast. Battlefield B & B was a wonderful experience! The history of the home parallels the history of the area. The grounds and walking trail are beautiful and lush with native vegetation. Our room was roomy and comfortable, staff knowlegable and most concerned with our comfort. There was a 'living' history speaker each morning before breakfast that we especially enjoyed. While we did not have children with us, I did appreciate how family friendly Battlefield B & B was. I saw stacks of games, period costumes and acres to play on for children. The breakfasts served were varied and tasty, loved the raspberry muffins. We were asked if there were any dietary restrictions/preferences upon arrival. This will most definitely be a travel destination in our future!

Room Tip: Several rooms have two beds for those accustomed to not sharing a bed but enjoy travelling together.
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our trip to Virginia and Pennsylvania included as many Civil War Battlefields as we could fit into one weeks time. Battlefield Bed & Breakfast truly added a great ambiance to this "bucket list" trip. Swan Cottage was divine and accommodated the three of us perfectly. The gourmet breakfasts were beautifully presented and some of the best I have ever eaten. However, the biggest surprise was the Civil War stories told daily by the very knowledgeable speakers. This included sharing ghost stories on Friday night as well as firing a vintage rifle musket for the first time. An extraordinary visit to a magical place,
thanks, The Silva's

Room Tip: If you enjoy a little privacy then Swan Cottage is for you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My Husband and I had never been to Gettysburg before. We had planned on staying at 3 different locations during our visit, but ended up extending our stay here at the Battlefield Bed & Breakfast. We loved it so much! From the moment we walked in the door, we felt welcome. The staff were all so nice, and the breakfasts were amazing! The morning history presentations before breakfast were quite interesting and informative. The rooms were well kept and the place was very clean. We would highly recommend the Battlefield B&B for anyone that is wanting a relaxing vacation in a warm atmosphere.

Greensburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I returned to the Battlefield Inn, where we were united in marriage one year ago. Our anniversary visit was every bit as memorable as our first. We were delighted to find that Saturday morning's history presentation was to be delivered by none other than our new friend, Rev. Ron Crawford, who had officiated our ceremony last September.

As always, breakfast was delicious and we met some very nice people. If you are every concerned about people bringing their dogs to the Inn...let me just tell you that on both of our visits, the dogs (not more than 1 or 2) were well mannered and their owners were ever so careful not to infringe upon the other guests, especially during breakfast. As for me, I think the pets made the Inn that much more cozy. And, while we're on the subject of cozy--Bill Ward, who is the Inn's Manager, bakes cookies every afternoon for the guests. How wonderful is that??

My final note is for the lady from CA, whom I met at our breakfast table... I'm sorry I didn't get your name..I'm so glad we shared our cancer stories...and I'll be praying for your continued victory.

Room Tip: Swan Cottage and Graham's Artillery on the first floor..
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the Battlefield Bed & Breakfast for the first time in 2011, and when we decided to return to Gettysburg this year, it was clear we would stay there again. I believe it is the only B&B in the Gettysburg area that welcome pets. Their view is that pets are members of the family and deserve to stay with their family. Our dog Tessa loves it. She is allowed throughout the inn (except the kitchen) and views herself as the official greeter of all who enter the inn. She loves the grounds and farm setting, which is just wonderful to walk around. She likes to lay in the middle of the group as we listen to the morning history lecture. She does not get to attend breakfast although she would like to. The breakfasts are among the best I've ever had, and a wonderful start to the day. Next time we visit Gettysburg, we will be back!

Room Tip: If bringing a dog, the room we stayed in was perfect. Reilly's North Carolina Artillery suite is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!