“You should stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   40 Hospital Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
“You should stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My family planned a weekend reunion (hosted off site) so we rented the entire B&B. I've never stayed in a B&B before but if they are anything like the Baladerry Inn, I am going to start.
The place was immaculate! The inn is beautiful and well maintained. There are not tvs in the rooms if that is something you are looking for. However, the rooms were spacious and each came with a fan if you found the rooms warm (we did not however we used the fans for white noise for our 1 year old). The hot tub on the patio is a great place to relax and the fire pit makes a great evening hang out. There is water, soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, candy and cookies in the main room for guests to help themself which was very nice. The inn is also haunted and they have books detailing the ghosts. The inn also has menus from a variety of local restaurants.
The breakfast was delicious, especially if you are good with sweet. I had the best pineapple French toast!! Every morning we had a three course breakfast. for example, a warm peach with granola, a pecan pie muffin and a deluxe scrambled egg with bacon, sour cream and cheese. They also served cereal and juice. The service was also great! Some guests in our group are pretty high maintenance and they were all accommodated over and above what should have been done.
We didn't do a ton of site seeing however, when we did, we were able to get into the battlefields in under 5 minutes. If you are into biking, this is a great place to stay!!
Overall, I had a great experience and would not hesitate to come back again!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We found this inn comfortable, clean and convenient and enjoyed the fact it is slightly away from the main streets of Gettysburg yet close to the sights. My first question when we called to reserve was to ask about A/C and I was assured they have it. Our room was quite comfortable during the two very hot days we visited. Our bathroom was tiny, but we managed. I thought they skimped a bit on towels and our first morning I showered and washed my hair and used the two bath towels. While my husband slept I went in search of more and there wasn't a soul to ask. Eventually I snitched some from another guest room...unoccupied and open. I told the innkeeper later or another ghost story would surely come of it. I hate to criticize this inn because the innkeepers and their staff are lovely, hard working folks, but I did feel something was a bit lacking and dated at breakfast. Upon arrival we were welcomed warmly and dutifully asked if we had any dietary requirements and we answered no. However, our first morning almost everything we were served was very sweet...Beginning with a fruit salad dressed with a sweet topping. We were looking forward to what was described as a three course meal. Well, I'm sorry, but I don't count a slice of fruit bread as a "course". I know a B&B is not a short order restaurant, but a few more choices would be nice; a bread basket maybe, perhaps even a small buffet instead of table service. The "main" course each morning was an egg casserole. I enjoyed the two we had, my husband only one. Oh, and yes...one night we heard voices..but quickly realized they were coming from the hot tub directly below our window. The hot tub users were not there very long and did not really bother us.

Room Tip: Ask a lot of specific questions re size of bed, bathroom, etc. if you are sensitive to noise you do...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was our first time in Gettysburg. We chose the Baladerry inn because of the close proximity of the battlefield. We wanted to be close to the field yet be close to the town as well, without being overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of the town. The location was perfect. We got the best of both worlds at the Inn. Site seeing by day and early eve, then relaxing on the beautiful grounds watching the stars and enjoying the quiet. The mornings started with an amazing breakfast, served in the main dining room, and if you're lucky, a friendly "hello" from the resident cat "Bally". We're not sure if we'll ever get back to Gettysburg, but if we do, we'll definitely be back to the Baladerry Inn. My family and I stayed in the Vines room, and The Marigold Room. Both very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I could not have been more delighted with our stay at Baladerry Inn. This beautiful Inn is situated close to all the must-see sights and yet it makes one feel as though they are in a restful retreat far from the bustle of town. We enjoyed the most delicious breakfasts in the cozy Great Room as well as the friendly atmosphere generated by our hosts and fellow guests. I'm truly looking forward to our next visit to Gettysburg mainly because of our return to Baladerry Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pottsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was our first visit to the Inn and we felt welcomed the minute we walked thru the front door!! The setting is beautiful, the rooms are welcoming and very clean and the additional common space is a bonus!! great location, wonderful breakfast!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed mid-week for one night and it was a great time! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They will loan you the driving tour of the battlefield, so if you stay there don't buy it! The hot tub was wonderful, breakfast was delicious served outside on the patio. The location is perfect, secluded and quiet but only minutes from the battlefield and downtown.

The only small issue we had was that the room was a little warm on the second floor of the carriage house. However, in the morning we saw there was a fan in the closet.

Just for people looking for more details - wi-fi internet is available but only in the great room; no TV's in the rooms (no problem for us), but there is a TV room/den available for guests. As with many B&B's, they have menus from all the local restaurants and lots of tips on tourist info, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hardwick, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was here with my husband and son for a weekend to absorb as much as we could about the Battle of Gettysburg. The Baladerry Inn is remarkably clean, and the grounds are tranquil. The main house is spacious, and they gave us access to the refrigerator in the kitchen. Free coffee, bottles of water, and snacks. We were on the second floor in the carriage house, and it was fine. We were really only there for sleeping and showering. The staff is very friendly. You can literally walk to Gettysburg National Park from here--a very convenient location, and only a 5 minute drive into historic downtown Gettysburg.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Baladerry Inn? Share your experiences!