“Beautiful Setting!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Hardwick, NJ
“Beautiful Setting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was here with my husband and son for a weekend to absorb as much as we could about the Battle of Gettysburg. The Baladerry Inn is remarkably clean, and the grounds are tranquil. The main house is spacious, and they gave us access to the refrigerator in the kitchen. Free coffee, bottles of water, and snacks. We were on the second floor in the carriage house, and it was fine. We were really only there for sleeping and showering. The staff is very friendly. You can literally walk to Gettysburg National Park from here--a very convenient location, and only a 5 minute drive into historic downtown Gettysburg.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Saint Albans, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife Kristine and I stayed overnight for our anniversary and a subsequent ghost hunt tour and had a really nice visit! Staff was great and the grounds are beautiful! Highly recommend! This was a first B & B for me and I was thoroughly impressed!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I returned to the Baladerry with most of our extended family during the first week of May. We booked 4 of the 5 rooms in the Carriage House. We had a wonderful time. Judy helped us plan in room massages and gifts of flowers, wine and chocolates for everyone. The grounds are so beautiful and peaceful. The rooms are spacious and so well maintained. We enjoyed wine on the patio and walks throughout the property. The family loved feeling tucked away while being so close to town and the battlefield. Breakfast each day was so delicious and the staff met the needs of my elderly parents, making them feel so special. I simply cannot say enough good things. We will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2013
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was really impressed with Judy and her staff with their hospitality and helpfulness. Judy even lent me the audio tour CD's of the battlefield. It was very informative. The three course breakfasts are out of this world! Also the complimentary home made cookies and other goodies, plus bottled water, juice and soda, available in the guest refrigerator. This inn used to be the union hospital during the civil war. I chose the Marigold room, as it attracts ghost hunters often. (All though the whole property has that potential). I thought I would try it out and wow, a phantom voice on my recorder, a loud popping sound like a champagne cork (which I didn't hear, but was recorded), two knocks that I asked for that I heard, plus recorded, washroom door closed while I was out and couldn't make it do that myself. There could be more, as I haven't listen to all of the recordings (EVP's) as yet. I recommend the Baladerry Inn and hope to return one day. It is far enough away from the main part of town, so it is nice and quiet. This place has everything going for it. Couldn't be better! If you are afraid of ghosts, don't worry, just tell them to stop and they usually do.
Stephen M.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

At the last minute, we drove up from DC for the day to see Gettysburg. Once we were there we decided to stay the night. We were lucky and were able to get a last minute reservation over the phone. The Baladerry Inn is beautiful inside and out. Our host Judy was warm and friendly, showing us around the Inn and making us feel right at home. After settling in, we enjoyed the quiet patio and planned out the rest of our day. Judy recommended that we use her Audio CD to tour the battlegrounds – a wonderful suggestion for us first time visitors! After spending most of the day at the battlegrounds, we returned with a bottle of wine and enjoyed the peacefully surroundings. The three course gourmet breakfasts with fresh orange juice are not to be missed!!! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights during our first visit to Gettysburg. The Innkeepers are friendly and the place is very clean, quiet, and well organized. The breakfasts were DELICIOUS and elegantly served. This would make a great place for a family or group gathering, the great hall and patio are lovely and inviting. A more elegant version of home...!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
North East, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Ken and Judy were so welcoming, smiley, and made us feel right at home as soon as we stepped in. We were travelling with two young girls ages 11 and 7, and they we greeted equally. While we were having breakfast on the patio on morning, in the corner of the property, we saw three deer grazing in the dew-laden lawn. It was so serene and restorative. The rooms were SO CLEAN and comfortable. I personally enjoyed the 24hr. access to the Keurig in the foyer. One detail I will never forget is the housekeeper arranged my 7 year old's stuffed animal and special blankee in a special way on her bed. That meant a lot to me as a Mom, and was a surprise to my daughter. It made her feel special.

Room Tip: I liked the Carriage House, but I would have been happy anywhere at this place.