“Charming!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Tarpon Springs, FL
“Charming!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Arriving to Judy's aromatic cookies was definitely welcoming, but Judy and Kenny topped it off with their friendly and hospitable greetings. The Main House was cozy and enjoyable, with cookies, candy and beverages readily available at all hours. The Main House has a fascinating and rustic decor, reflecting its history. We stayed two nights in the Rose room - charming! The room was clean and nicely decorated. If you forgot any toiletries, not to worry - just look under the sink. Great shower. We had a convenient Keurig coffee maker outside our room for all in the cottage to use, so no need to brave the morning cold to get to the main house for coffee. Very enjoyable out-of-the-way location of the inn.

Room Tip: Our room had a few noise issues: the people in the room above us created a lot of noise walking acro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Who knew that such a relaxing and serene B&B would be located just a stone's throw from one of the most bombastic battles in world history? My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Baladerry Inn, which boasts a spectacular property of rolling lawns, a main house, and a cottage set back from a surprisingly quiet road. Co-hosts Kenny and Judy greeted us with big smiles, gentle warmth, and a true sense of caring. Their sweet cat, Bally, did her job as a friendly house mascot. The Inn itself is immaculate; so clean that a white glove test would be an insult. Our room was quiet and romantic, and featured a big comfy bed. Eschewing all alarm clocks, we allowed the sunrise to gradually wake us. The night before, we shared some great conversation with guests, followed by a starlight dip in the lovely, clean hot tub. We added some chilled wine and Baladerry candies to make it the perfect pre-bedtime diversion. In the morning, after hot, pressurized showers, my wife and I enjoyed a sumptuous, homemade breakfast prepared by Judy and served by Baladerry mainstay Peggy. As we reluctantly said our goodbyes, we realized two things: We will return, and we consider ourselves honorary family members -- not paying customers. The Baladerry is a wonderfully memorable B&B, which will host us again and again.

Room Tip: Judy gave us a tour of every room. All were wonderful. We chose the Vine Room. It was lovely, warm...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hudson, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a great stay Hubby and I had at the Baladerry Inn in Gettysburg in late September, 2012. The owners were delightful and informative, even getting into the spirit of the ghost themes in Gettysburg. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, and the food delicious! We highly recommend them!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed another amazing stay at the Baladerry Inn. We stayed for 4 nights in mid October. The property is just gorgeous, and with the fall foliage, we could not have asked for more. We stayed in the Cottage Rose Suite in the Carriage House. We had a wonderful view of the grounds and with good weather, were able to enjoy the patio. Bed and pillows were comfortable and the owners, Judy and Kenny, were a pleasure to deal with. They made my husband and I feel so welcome. The breakfasts were even better than the last time we stayed. They were loaded with flavor, beautifully presented, and filling enough that we did not need any lunches during our stay. The Inn is steeped in history, but if you are not a history buff, there is more than enough to enjoy on the property. The Inn is located a very short distance away from the town of Gettysburg such that you can enjoy a day in town and on the battlefield, and be back for a quiet night at the Inn within a few minutes. The Inn is also located a short distance away from Baltimore, D.C., Inner Harbor, etc., so short day trips are an option. We will be back again soon! I highly recommend the Baladerry to anyone looking for a quiet and restful stay in Gettysburg.

Room Tip: All of the Baladerry's rooms/suites are lovely, but the rooms in the Carriage House are a bit mo...
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Beautiful, historically-significant property positioned a short drive from Gerrysburg. Very helpful hosts, large and comfortable rooms and a delightful breakfast. No TVs in the guest rooms, but a actually you don't miss it! Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Gorleston-on-Sea, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Baladerry Inn whilst visiting Gettysburg in early October. We could not have been happier with the experience. Judy and Kenny were wonderful hosts and all the staff were friendly and efficient. The breakfast was out of this world and there was free tea, coffee, hot choc, cold drinks and snacks available all day and night. The rooms were spotless and very tastefully furnished with comfortable beds and seating.

Manheim, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

It's hard to explain, exactly. It's feels sort of like I'm...intruding in strange sense. The battlefield at Gettysburg is an unnerving place, so thick with history that you can "feel" it. But don't bother going there at night--it's a steady stream of cars through the tiny roads. What I DO urge you to do is this:

We spent this past weekend at the Baladerry Inn, which is located right on the very edge of the battlefield. As a matter of fact, the Baladerry Inn once served as a field hospital for the soldiers. In one corner of the dining room, there remains to this day what can only be described as a "bloody footprint." There was so much blood that it soaked into the wooden floor and has never faded. Even better, we were told that the Baladerry Inn is haunted so it was definitely up my alley!

After being shown to our room (the Primrose Room, top of the stairs to the left in the original building) we began to unpack our luggage. True to form, the main thing I had on my mind was getting out my electronic paranormal investigative tools so I could begin my hunt. Lovingly, I sat the K-2 meter on the bed, then the recorder, the night vision camera, my regular (digital) camera and my laser temperture device. My cell phone was in its cradle, sucking up all the power it could (or so I thought) before we left.

Long story very short and depressing:

The K-2 meter worked but indicated NOTHING the entire time we were in Gettysburg; the recorder was dead; the night vision camera refused to work; my digital camera would make sounds like it "wanted" to work but wouldn't. Oh, and my cell phone would NOT accept a charge--it was stone, cold DEAD--until we returned home, then it worked PEFECTLY. Go figure. And before you ask, YES, I DID purchase brand new batteries. What a disappointment. As for anything haunting our room, I guess the ghost that lives in there, Geoffrey (a.k.a. "Lover Boy"), really DOES prefer blondes because we had a lovely sleep both nights.

However... (oh, come ON--you KNEW there HAD to be a "however")

We had arrived on a Friday afternoon. By Saturday morning, I had misplaced my earrings. Because I tend to lose things, I always have a set place to put my doodads. Gone. I searched, I ripped apart the bed, I looked EVERYWHERE. No earrings. Where the heck could they be? The last place I put them was on the nighttable in front of the lamp (that's my set place for earrings). Gone. Then came Sunday morning.

I awakened before the alarm and slid off the side of the bed, stretched, and turned to get my glasses (my set place for eyeglasses is to the left of the lamp on the nighttable). As I reached for them something caught my attention and I glanced back at the bed from which I had just risen. There I found my earrings side-by-side, perfectly aligned with each other, even turned exactly the same way. How could this possibly be??? I'm not a sound sleeper, after all, because I toss and turn and get up at least once during the night. YOU explain it; I can't.

So, our trip to Gettysburg offered at least one good "ghosty" story!

I heartily urge you to experience the Baladerry Inn if you're planning a trip to Gettysburg--it is one fantastic place--check out their web site for photos. We travel a lot and out of ANYWHERE we've gone, the Baladerry was the cleanest, loveliest inns I've ever had the pleasure to stay in! The owners are wonderful people and definitely have the knack for running a 5-star inn--and I do want to add that the food they served us was on par with any fine dining restaurant you could name. There is not ONE thing about the Baladerry that I could possibly come up with that was NOT a 5-star rating. Beautiful, peaceful, simply--the best!

Trust me--go once and you'll be just like us--planning our next visit at the Baladerry Inn!

Room Tip: If you're going to go to the Baladerry, DO choose a room in the original building for the ultima...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Baladerry Inn? Share your experiences!