“Grand hotel- Grand expirience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% OFF W/PROMO CODE:TRIP
Ranked #14 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Kansas city
“Grand hotel- Grand expirience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I've just returned home from an unforgettable trip to Gettysburg. The hotel was the starting and ending point of our mini vacation and was great from start to finish. The front desk staff was polite and professional. And walking through the common areas I was repeatedly greeted by all sorts of hotel staff. I believe what appeared to be a dishwasher and cook? even said hello to us in the hallway. I was very impressed with the room also. Everything was great! A sure stop on any visit to Gettysburg!

• Stayed July 2014

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Our stay at the historic Gettysburg Hotel made our trip to Gettysburg delightful. The hotel is located in the heart of Gettysburg. The rooms were beautiful and the staff very accommodating after some confusion about our reservation. Staff provided helpful guidance on good restaurants. This was a college trip combined with a day of touring historic Gettysburg. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is in the center of town, within a short walking distance to the best-rated restaurants and historic attractions of Gettysburg. Our room was spacious and clean, our two double beds were comfortable, wi-fi was free, parking was $10/day right around the corner, and hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Also, from our bedroom window, we had a great view of the 4th of July fireworks. We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Have stayed here many times but this was the first as the renovated hotel. It is now owned by Gettysburg College and the whole hotel has been changed to reflect this. I felt as though I needed to have an allegiance to Gettysburg college to be there. While the staff are polite and respectable the service now seems to lack hotelier hospitality. I informed the staff on check in this was a repeat visit for me and they did not care. I really like the location since it is within walking distance to many attractions but I will need to think about staying here again. It is not as family accommodating in spirit as it was in the past.I asked for a late check out just by 30 minutes and this was rejected. It was going to be allowed but with a tone of nearly scolding me for not being on time. Not rudeness; just that I should know better or something along those lines. The rooms do not have enough electric outlets which is why I rated it 3.

• Stayed July 2014
Albany NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was worth the extra costs since we are in the middle of town and walking distance to restaurants, shops and very convenient self-parking. We were on the 6th floor with a great view of the July 4 fireworks. Big room with comfortable queen sized beds with free internet access.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at this hotel for a week on business. The only drawback is the fee to park which is understandable for this type of town. I stayed for 4 days and had to pay 32$ (never left the hotel with car so I don't know how much that changes the price). Other than that I had no issues with the hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous. They were very helpful and informative about attractions that were around town and helped to arrange tours etc. There are several different types of restaurants within 5 minutes of walking with high quality cuisine. It is an older hotel but is fully upgraded with flat screen tv's and all the things you would find in a new hotel. If I were to return to Gettysburg I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from another trip to wonderful Gettysburg. We stayed at the Gettysburg Hotel, Lincoln Square, which is the "jewel" of any of the hotels in the area. There are plenty of other accomodations available, but if you have NEVER visited the Gettysburg area, this is a "must stay"! We HAVE stayed at various other accomodations in the area, over the years, but we ALWAYS seem to come back to this hotel.

The hotel is under new management, recently renovated, spacious rooms in the main building, amenities applicable to a fine hotel, pub/restaurant, comfortable lobby, internet service in the lobby, rooftop pool, and a friendly staff. FREE parking is a rarity in Gettysburg. Parking for this hotel is located in a Municipal Parking Deck directly behind the hotel. Rates are $.75/hour; $10 overnight. The lot is well lit, clean, provides plenty of parking spaces, and is safe. It, also, provides your car with coverage providing the weather is wet, hot, or just uncomfortable outside. You pay by kiosk on the way out; it does take credit cards.

On our last visit to this hotel in March, we DID have a few concerns! This was our first visit since renovations were completed and "new" management took over. I contacted the hotel
following our visit, and before we decided to take another trip to Gettysburg, which was this past week, I spoke to a Mr. Michael Taylor, Rooms Director .... a very gracious man.....a very accomodating individual. He listened and handled our previous concerns professionally and amicably. WE WILL DEFINTELY BE BACK!! Thank you! Thanks, also, to the staff at the front desk....very pleasant....very helpful.....it was appreciated, especially when you have just driven in a car for 3 hours!

The hotel sits in the "heart" of town accessible to all sites and convenient to the Battlefields, which is why you are coming here in the first place. There are eateries conveniently located, which allow for every budget, including the pub/restaurant in the hotel.

Experience this hotel ..... I think you will be very pleased!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the Square could be a "bit" noisey; traffic.....but the views are great....es...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!