“Nice hotel, great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent two nights here last week. Recently modernized historic hotel in the heart of Gettysburg. Immaculate rooms, good service, close to everything, reasonable parking garage around the corner. We did not eat in their restaurant, but it looked as beautiful as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Center of town location is ideal . Beds are super comfortable. Awesome rooftop pool. Good fitness center. Beautiful view of town from room windows. Just an excellent hotel. Staff is friendly and well trained. Close to all attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

A beautifully restored hotel right in the heart of town. Just walk out the door and all of the many shops and restaurants in Gettysburg are only a short stroll away.
The hotel is clean and bright. The rooms are large and equipped with all of the modern amenities that one would expect. Staff are friendly and helpful.
The price is a little on the high side, given that you have to pay extra for parking and breakfast, but justified by the location and ambiance.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel back in 2005 when it was decorated in a more historic style. I was a little unsure if I would like a more modern decor but my hubby wanted to go back. We decided to take a little weekend getaway and arrived on Saturday, August 10th. Well, I was so pleasantly surprised. This place is GORGEOUS. There is a soft, natural feel to the decor that is very calming and soothing after traveling. Early check in was not a problem. We arrived at 3:45pm and our room was ready. You park in the garage, yes, it is about $10 a day. Big deal. Not a huge amount of money by any means. Our room was on the 4th floor, on the corner facing the traffic circle, it was a King Jacuzzi Suite - named after a General but I can't remember which one. Absolutely stunning room! Comfy bed, nice furnishings, AWESOME bathroom, just so pretty and welcoming.
Just to comment on Dan D's review - the parking garage is located directly behind the hotel, it is a VERY brief walk to the hotel itself. $10 will not break the bank by any means. The AC in our room was kicking, I had to turn it back several times and we were on the corner, so lots of large windows all around. I'm wondering if you were the gentleman complaining about no valet? and I passed the maid cart twice on Saturday and again on Sunday when we were leaving for breakfast, plus, my husband asked at the front desk for some extra towels Sunday morning and was given a fresh, warm stack with no issue.
One caveat - the in room coffee is terrible. Sorry. But it's a quick walk to the coffee shop or diner to get your fix.
The traffic coming into the circle is loud at all hours of the day and night. Don't ask for a front side room if this bothers you. Not an issue to us.
Also, I think a continental breakfast would be a nice touch.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you or you sleep light, don't book room in front of builidng. Traffic in circl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paramus, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our second visit. First of all, you have to pay $9-10 a day for your own parking,not to mention that the parking garage is not a convenient walk either. Check-in is not until 4 and one of my biggest problem with the hotel was that the air conditioning only worked in two out of our three rooms suite and there was no air conditioning in the hallways going up to the floor or the elevators. There was only great air conditioning in the front lobby when you first walk into the hotel. The other biggest problem was the maid service. On the first day after we arrived, I knew the maids were not serious about cleaning because I was asked as I was leaving, "Are you going to want your room cleaned????" the rugs were not vacuumed once when we were there and I know this because my children dropped a lot of crumbs and I know the rugs were not being kept up and we were there for three full days. On the last day before we were about to leave, my son was in the hotel room after being in the pool and my wife came back and noticed the maids outside the door. the one maid asked her for the garbage can to clean out. When they left she noticed the only thing done to the bathroom was new towels. The kitchen was dirty with toothpaste left in the sink and the toilet bowl and shower was not cleaned. My wife had to clean the toilet and shower and sink. The maid also asked me that day, "Do you want us to clean your room." For close to $200 a night, I would think anyone would expect room service. The hotel looks great on the outside and the lobby, but when you get up to the rooms, we experienced next to no service. What is this a self-service hotel?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pueblo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Harry and I were in Gettysburg for the 150th Anniversary of the battle. We made a late decision to go knowing it would be tough to get reservations. We were able to book in March when some rooms became available. We booked for a week confusing our departure date. The staff was more than accomodating in adding a room the night before we were to leave. They even booked an additional room for my daughter and her boyfriend on a last minute request. The room was very clean, and cleaned daily. Comfortable, bright etc. Bestly, the staff was AWESOME. Always attentive, friendly, happy, courteous. They liked working there. Always a plus when staff enjoys their work environment. The hotel is situated on the square, in the midst of a lot of activity. Very fun, convienient location. Within walking distance of the Military Park visitor center-maybe a mile. A place to restay!!

Room Tip: Room on the Square. Lot of activity to follow.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I booked this hotel on the Internet , sight unseen. I don't usually do that, but I decided to give it a try. What a great experience!! This hotel is in the city square, and is the oldest hotel in the city. Newly restored and beautiful! Lots of history on the walls, lovely decor. Great restaurant (One Lincoln). Food was amazing. Employees were very friendly and professional. Lots of shops close by and historical buildings are everywhere. The only downside is that you have to pay for parking. But it was worth it to stay in such a beautiful historic building. I will stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!