“Best place in town” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
massachusetts
“Best place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

After eating at the Pub Restaurant in downtown which should be burned down again I walked and drove the entire area looking for one decent place to have a good meal. I discovered the Appalacian Brewing Company which was an oasis that was around the corner on RT30. Every beer is fantastic and so is the food. This IS the best place in town. Why go anywhere else because this place has it all.

Sheffield, Pennsylvania
“A Must stop on are trips to Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I remember this place being the dutch pantry when I was little when my parents and I visted gettysburg.
And it has been a few other restaurants thru the years so I have been told.
But since 2003 my first trip back to Gettysburg in over 20 years.We found A.B.C and love it. Are family and all are friends that we have brought to gettysburg we have taken them here. The beer chedder soup is #1 in are family. We even get some to go! My husband loves the beer sampler. I love there chicken wraps. There menu changes from vist to vist. But always find great food and great fun.
If you life home brewed beers this is the place to try some great beer.
And just think your right beside Gen. Lee's headqurters and on the first day of the battle.

pittsburgh
“Love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Great food. Great beer. Great atmosphere. This is a guaranteed good place to eat while in Gettysburg. We have been there more than once and have never been disappointed.

Gettysburg, PA
“Nice beer, good appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Fun place. We sit at the bar and enjoy the very friendly bar staff!!

Their Hoppy Trails IPA is has a nice crisp, pine hoppy flavor. They also have a very zingy home-brewed ginger beer!

Appetizers: the Asiago Hicking Stick and Pretzel Logs are fabulous!!

We are vegetarian, so I can't say much about the meat dishes. The portabello sandwich is so-so -- the mushroom was overcooked and slimy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“one to skip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I wish we had skipped this meal all together. The food was terrible and the beer was mediocre at best. Most of the beer on the menu was out and the limited selection was not ver appealling. go someplace else.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere