“Worth a try” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Morton, Pennsylvania
“Worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good food and nice choice of beers. The highlight, though, was the white Birch Beer - try a draft of this delicious, unique liquid. The service was very good but the room, mainly for seating larger groups, in was very noisy. We may have been better off in the dining area adjacent to the bar.

Visited June 2013

72% Recommend
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Nice, but a typical beer joint.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The friend I was visiting recommended this place for lunch. The atmosphere is pleasant and typical for this kind of restaurant. It was clear that the bar is the main attraction. For an appetizer we shared spinach dip was the best I’ve ever had. For my entrée I chose one of their signature burgers (I can’t remember exactly the name from the menu). Sadly, it wasn’t cooked “well done” which is what I asked for. It was tasty, but honestly it was no better than any other “gourmet” type burger. The side order of fries were so-so. I’ve had way better at other places (Red Robin for instance). Just like another reviewer mentioned, the food seems mainly to wash down the many varieties of beer on tap. But, go for the spinach dip at least.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Endicott, New York, United States
“Great local place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This local Gettysburg place was recommended by our friends who have been here and boy it was great. We had a 15 minute wait which was no problem, we were expecting a wait after all and once we were seated the waitress apologized for the wait!!! I got the turkey Panini with the homade chips and the diet homeade rootbeer. My mother ordered the Apalachian house burger and my father ordered the pork sandwich. We were not dissappointed!! Everything came to our perfection, everything was cooked the right way and the price was great too, it won't break us. Next time we come to Gettysburg we will definately come back and recommend it to everyone we know.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good for burgers and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My friend & I visited on Memorial Day. She got a burger and I got a sandwich and beer. The food was good & I thought the beer was excellent. A bit nicer than your average sports bar/pub.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
indianapolis
“just average....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stopped here for lunch as we were just arriving in Gettysburg. The service was a little apathetic, but not unfriendly. I had a salad which was only about half edible. It was a spinach salad and at home I would have discarded about half the spinach leaves that were in it before I served it to anyone. The rest of the veggies on it were a bit mushy - the dressing (sesame ginger) was quite good though. My husband had the fish and chips - which were pretty good. His beer was good and I would say the highlight for me was the house root beer - it was very good!

Visited May 2013