“Kind of boring...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 30 Attractions in Gettysburg
Type: Historic Sites, History Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jennie Wade House is a guided tour with the guides in period clothing taking you through the home where the only civilian killed during the battle of Gettysburg was tragically lost. As the story unfolds the guides take you room to room following the path of the family on July 3rd 1863.
Dallas, Texas
“Kind of boring...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

A lot of information about Jennie Wade... who I really didn't know anything about prior to visiting. Now I think I know too much, haha.

fisher pa
12 attraction reviews
“Nice tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I did a house tour a few years ago. Before the ghost tours. It was nice. Very informational about Jennie Wade.

Sandusky, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent, fun and interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My son and I toured the Jennie Wade house and we loved it. You can see the holes from the bullet that killed her in the doors. There is a lot of neat back story about how exactly it ended up happening. You can see the floor board with her blood stains still on it - creepy, but interesting. Supposedly the house is haunted, but I have never really bought into that kind of thing. Although, I've since changed my mind. When my son and I were coming up out of the cellar, I felt someone behind me, even though my son was in front of me and there wasn't anyone else there! I also clearly smelled roses, which I've since heard from others was a scent she favored! All in all, an inexpensive, entertaining little tour, with a great story to learn about.

Visited September 2012
GBT778, Owner at Jennie Wade House, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Sarah,
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Jennie Wade House and hope to see you back in Gettysburg soon!
Edinburgh. Scotland
8 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was staying in the hotel next door and I visited the Jennie Wade House on my own. I thought I could just wander thru but it's actually a guided tou - I think it only cost $8. I enjoyed the tour - it was informative and tooks about 50 mins. The host walks you through the house and talks about the events during the Battle of Gettysburg. The house is full of period furniture.

At the end of the tour, they take you down to the basement - where Jennie's body lay until she was buried.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“Not necessary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We did this tour a day after the Shriver House tour and we really didnt need to do it and it wasnt the best. It seemed like they needed to drag out the story of Jennie Wade to make a tour. The kids and I preferred the Shriver house tour hands down. You can visit Jennie Wade's gravesite at the Greenfield Cementary. Look for the flag.

Visited November 2012