“There all Summer...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Drummer Boy Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Drummer Boy Camping Resort
You added Drummer Boy Camping Resort to your Saves list
1300 Hanover Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“There all Summer...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Me and My family went there for an entire summer while moving and it was fun don't get me wrong. The only problem i felt that was an issue was how clean the bathrooms were and the staff. The Staff at the front counter were very kind and helped when there was an issue but the staff that drove around and maintained the resort were self centered. The Pool staff didn't seem to want to talk much and didn't seem happy. The Bathrooms on the other hand were ok but the showers were dirty with hair and bugs, and the toilet stalls were not the most clean ether. Lastly the mini golf area, Not the cleanest but not bad they did an ok job but the green looks a little weathered. Now Some Good Things, I felt the location was nice except for the highway during the day but the view was ok. The pool was clean so no need to worry about that. You can also take a golf cart to ride around on or you can rent one. The resort has a activity schedule for the kids during the summer. all in all I Recommend this place but don't expect it to be perfect.

Room Tip: The Cabins Come in a few sizes depending on the group size. If you get one get one in the Circle the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

You know, it's really a shame that I have to rate this so low. My family has been going to Drummer Boy for over 15 years. And it used to be great. Actually, the place itself is still REALLY nice (cleanliness-wise), and the staff is nice, but the problem is the prices! They are way too expensive!!!! We hadn't been there for a while so I went on their site to see what was available in the way of cabins. WOW!! What a shock! They are well over $200, and some even over $300, A NIGHT!!! What the heck? For a campground in South Central Pa? Crazy!!

My husband and I have stayed all over in many states and in various campgrounds and cabins and NEVER have come across such high prices for a campground. Heck, we've stayed in beautiful private cottages that were modern with modern appliances, breakfast hand delivered to your door, fireplaces INSIDE and hot tubs for under $250 a night! Some even came on their own private pond to fish from. And we've stayed at places that have tree house cottages for under $100 a night!!! And yet here is DB charging close to $300 a night only to be surrounded by screaming kids and tons of tourists? NO WAY!

I don't live far from DB and always loved going when we could. I even used to get family and friends to come who live hours away. But anymore, over recent years, they've been declining our invitation when we try to get them to come stay there with is. Sadly, no one can afford their prices anymore. And the family members that have kids do NOT like the fact that they charge extra for the water slide and all their activities. They tell me most campgrounds they've gone to have FREE activities for the kids. That they don't charge you for every little craft and things like that. I wouldn't know I have no small kids so I take their word for it. And I believe it since it's been more than one family member/friend that has said this. It's a shame.

I hate to say this but, it may be time to look for a new campground. And that's really a shame.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Our trip there was in August of 2013. My wife & I won a free night from a drawing at the RV show. When I went to book the stay I found to use it I had to stay 3 nights total. Not a real problem but I should have been told when they called about the winning. We checked in fine and picked site #100. The site was nice and the size was average. This isn't the Drummerboy I remember as a kid or as it was 10 years ago. It's now more of a party camp on the weekends. Our neighbors were rowdy and loud but kept to themselves. The loop we were in isn't on a main road, it's just a loop that goes around a couple sites and back, but the golf carts were constantly driving through. I kept asking my wife if anybody walked in this camp. It's all carts & bikes. Our best time there was after all the weekend partiers went home. I miss the old Drummerboy and won't be coming back to this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Middletown, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first time staying at this campground. We reserved a cabin that was to sleep six (one large bed, two sets of bunk beds) but two of our party decided to stay at a hotel in town. It was good that we only had four people because an adult would not be able to get into or sleep comfortably in a top bunk. The bathhouse (#2) was dated but the showers had plenty of hot water. We didn't participate in any of them, but there were a lot of activities for families. The camp store hours were limited, perhaps because it was late in the season. Overall, this wouldn't be our first choice on our next trip to Gettysburg but it was okay.

Room Tip: Try to stay near bathhouse #3 -- it seemed newer than #2
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

1st time visit, stayed in a loft cottage. Had a good time, cottage was cozy. Heat in cottage did not distribute very well, plus very noisy if you stayed in master bed room. Overall a good experience. Friendly atmosphere. Office personnel very friendly. I highly recommend renting a golf cart, very hilly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friends and I came in for a short weekend and were expecting to stay at a pond view tent site but the area was flooded out and had to move us but we know this isn't the resorts fault and we still had a great time. We stayed on the weekend where they did Halloween activities and thought it was super cute that they had a decorated golf cart "parade" through the grounds and had the kiddos trick or treat from site to site.

Now, even though we did enjoy ourselves it won't be our next pick for camping because a lot of the sites are very close together. We stared at the back of an RV pretty much sitting over our campsite the entire time. While everyone was incredibly nice in passing it was very populated. If you enjoy more of a woodsy camping trip, this isn't the place but it's great for families with children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the cabins and thoroughly appreciated the air conditioning after very hot days visiting the hallowed grounds of Gettysburg! We had 5 adults sleeping comfortably in the spacious cabin. Having the fully kitchen made breakfasts less hectic and a nice place to have an evening dinner together. We enjoyed takeout from the grocery store in town. Our stay was in July--so hot and humid...and the air conditioning was perfect! We did not spend much time at the campground...did grill out one dinner and enjoyed the covered porch during a rain shower. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Drummer Boy Camping Resort? Share your experiences!