“Okay, not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Drummer Boy Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Drummer Boy Camping Resort
1300 Hanover Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Middletown, Connecticut
“Okay, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first time staying at this campground. We reserved a cabin that was to sleep six (one large bed, two sets of bunk beds) but two of our party decided to stay at a hotel in town. It was good that we only had four people because an adult would not be able to get into or sleep comfortably in a top bunk. The bathhouse (#2) was dated but the showers had plenty of hot water. We didn't participate in any of them, but there were a lot of activities for families. The camp store hours were limited, perhaps because it was late in the season. Overall, this wouldn't be our first choice on our next trip to Gettysburg but it was okay.

Room Tip: Try to stay near bathhouse #3 -- it seemed newer than #2
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

1st time visit, stayed in a loft cottage. Had a good time, cottage was cozy. Heat in cottage did not distribute very well, plus very noisy if you stayed in master bed room. Overall a good experience. Friendly atmosphere. Office personnel very friendly. I highly recommend renting a golf cart, very hilly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friends and I came in for a short weekend and were expecting to stay at a pond view tent site but the area was flooded out and had to move us but we know this isn't the resorts fault and we still had a great time. We stayed on the weekend where they did Halloween activities and thought it was super cute that they had a decorated golf cart "parade" through the grounds and had the kiddos trick or treat from site to site.

Now, even though we did enjoy ourselves it won't be our next pick for camping because a lot of the sites are very close together. We stared at the back of an RV pretty much sitting over our campsite the entire time. While everyone was incredibly nice in passing it was very populated. If you enjoy more of a woodsy camping trip, this isn't the place but it's great for families with children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the cabins and thoroughly appreciated the air conditioning after very hot days visiting the hallowed grounds of Gettysburg! We had 5 adults sleeping comfortably in the spacious cabin. Having the fully kitchen made breakfasts less hectic and a nice place to have an evening dinner together. We enjoyed takeout from the grocery store in town. Our stay was in July--so hot and humid...and the air conditioning was perfect! We did not spend much time at the campground...did grill out one dinner and enjoyed the covered porch during a rain shower. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lackawanna, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I love to camp! My husband and I decided to tent here while he had a re-enactment to do at the wax museum. We were told on the phone we were at one site and showed up and told another. The site we were given barely fit our van. It was so small and our neighbors were loud and drunk. If I was to tent again I would hope to pick out my site instead.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was worried after reading some reviews but was surprised what a nice weekend we had. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend. We arrived late in the dark and the office was closing, we asked if we could be shown to our site and security did take us to our site 62 in the dark and helped us back in. We really appreciated this since it was very dark and many trees. Once I got out of the vehicle I said what is that noise? Here it was the highway and I was not happy but I did get use to it and my worries stopped. It was very hot and the air conditioner drowned out the highway. The campground was very nice. Spacious sites in the woods and no trailers on top of you. We were very lucky, we had nice friendly neighbors. The resort is big and we tried walking it with our dogs, they were to tired to go all the way. We did ride our bicycles and one area did smell sewage. The cabins are huge and many of them. Nice lake for kids to fish. Husband and son went and used the slide at the pool which was free this weekend. We also played mini golf which was free too, for the weekend. The first pool with the hot tub was too cold for me, many still used it so i used the hot tub. I saw many campgrounds in the area this weekend and we even drove thru some. Drummer Boy seemed to be the nicest. I will return, if I can get the same area we camped at, I really liked that site.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Acworth, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed in their 3 bedroom deluxe cottage with 3 teens and 4 adults for 3 nights. The cottage was clean and everything worked great. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful and the campground location was about a mile from all the major attractions. We will be back next year. The only down side to the visit was the gravel road in front of our unit which produced lots of dust and dirt when the golf carts zoomed past our unit. I don't mind to sound pickey but when we sat outside at night we were covered with it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drummer Boy Camping Resort? Share your experiences!