“Pleasant stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Delaware
“Pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Check-in was fast and easy. Heather was extremely helpful and friendly! The front desk area and lobby were neat and clean. The breakfast area was small, but adequate...didn't get to use that for anything other than the free coffee/tea/hit chocolate (which I always love at any hotel I stay). I did spot a waffle-maker.

Our room on the fourth floor was nice. My friend and I stayed overnight and everything was comfortable. The beds were comfy and so were the pillows. The bathroom was small but very clean. The shower had good water pressure and excellent temperature control. The separate sink was awesome...while my friend showered I was able to putt on my makeup and stuff without having to wait.

There wasn't much hallway noise. In the morning, I heard people moving around a little, but nothing rowdy. The only noises that bugged me were the road noises and the hvac unit. The road noises are pretty bad...I think it would be wise for them to invest in thicker windows in the front of the hotel. Probably would buffer the noise a lot!

Overall, I'd definitely stay again, but I'd request a room near the back away from the road. :-)

• Stayed May 2013
Tamra H, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our Hotel. Your feed back is extremely important to us and we are always trying to make things even better. I am glad that you had a good experience and our staff was helpful, and we are excited to have you come stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I visited Gettysburg on May 22/23, 2013, primarily to tour the Gettysburg Battlefield site. When we checked in we were greeted by Heather, who, we found out later, is the assistant manager. She was exceedingly friendly and helpful, making suggestions as to what course of action we could take to maximize our time there. She also recommended a few restaurants, which were spot on. The rooms were very clean and the rooms were made up punctually. The continental breakfast was very good and plentiful. I want to visit Gettysburg again and if I do, I'll definitely say here.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for such wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. It means a lot to our entire staff. Thank you again!
Princeton NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were in Gettysburg for our grandson's college graduation. The room was spacious and clean. Our only complaint was the terrible breakfast the next morning. Terrible coffee, tasteless fruit, microwaved "scrambled" eggs cooked in a plastic bag. At least there was some yogurt and raisin bran.

The staff members we met were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tamra H, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you did not find our breakfast to be satisfying. We strive to please all of our guest and it seems we came up short on your stay. We are in the process of changing our coffee vendor and making some changes to our breakfast. Please except our apology. I am however glad to hear that the rest of your stay was a good one. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. That is the only way we can make changes and improve our guests satisfaction. Thank you again.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

A friend and I spent the night at the Sleep Inn while on business in Gettysburg. We arrived around 12:30 AM and were greeted by a polite, young man who happened to be on his own for the first time. Even though he had to "check his notes", the service was great and we were in our room in a very short time. The hotel itself is beautiful; clean, new, and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was very good. It included eggs, bacon, and handmade waffles. The personnel was extremely friendly and helpful. The Sleep Inn in Gettysburg is definitely a place that I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tamra H, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your time. We appreciate when our guests review our hotel. Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel, staff and even our newest team member, Wade. I happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing again!
Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spent the night at this hotel after reading others reviews of it on Trip Advisor, and I would like to add my voice to those who praise this property as one of the best places to stay in Gettysburg. We used credit card reward points and got ourselves a king bed room with the whirlpool tub. The room was very good sized, and the bed and furniture were very comfortable. We only stayed one night so we didn't have much contact with staff, but those we did come in contact with were very friendly and helpful. Our room was at the back of the property, away from the highway, and it was very quiet. The free breakfast was also a pleasant surprise. We were expecting cereal, donuts, bagels, danish, and the like, but in addition to those items there was also a waffle maker and a steam tray with sausage and eggs. It wasn't a gourmet breakfast, but it was free, so...

While this hotel is very good, there were some minor things that could be improved upon. We weren't interested in swimming, but if you have kids and you want to stay somewhere where they can splash in a pool after a day of sight seeing this is not your hotel. I have stayed in places where the jacuzzi was almost as big as the pool in this hotel. We were on the second floor, and in the vending area across from our room there were a coin operated washing machine and dryer, but no drink machines, snack machines, or ice. You had to go downstairs for those things. The free wireless internet was nice, but the connection was so-so (at least on my Mac laptop) and in the evening when more guests were getting online it became dreadfully slow. I was also a little disappointed with the selection of tv channels. (No MSNBC, and no regional sports network, which in that area of PA should have been out of Baltimore/Washington. I wanted to watch the Orioles!) The lack of a restaurant wasn't an issue, as Gettysburg seems to be one of those places that has a ton of great places to eat.

Those minor negatives aside, this was a great place to stay. Clean and quiet are my main interests in a hotel, and on those counts this hotel earns 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamra H, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the things that did not appeal to you. However its wonderful to know that you still had a pleasant stay with us here at the Sleep Inn & Suites. And we hope to see you again!
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights this past weekend. Everyone we dealt with was incredibly friendly. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and quiet. We were in town for the marathon, and the employees made sure the breakfast was open earlier than usual so the runners could have bagels or oatmeal before the race. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tamra H, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and giving us such a wonderful review. We were happy to have you stay with us and it was our pleasure to have breakfast ready for you a little earlier then we normally do. We will always do what we can for you and other guest to be sure that your stay is comfortable and that you are completely satisfied. On behalf of our entire team, Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Like the title says, this place is always a good choice! Very nice accommodations and staff. Rooms are excellent, the breakfast is good, always a very pleasant stay. The last time my husband and I stayed there was because the Gettysburg Hotel basically said that they see we made reservations for a certain room and package but here's what's available, take it or leave it. We called the Sleep Inn and they got us right in to room that was much nicer than anything in the dump we had reservations for. We stay with confidence at the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed November 2012
Tamra H, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and prefer us to the other hotel. We will always go above and beyond to make you and all of our guests feel welcomed and comfortable. You will always be greeted by a warm smiling face ready to meet your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Sleep Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!