“Newly remodeled.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Ray Brook, New York
“Newly remodeled.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was just outside of the main drag of gettysburg, so we enjoyed it being quiet. Our room was newly remodeled and nicely decorated. The front desk was friendly and answered all of our questions. If you are looking for a hotel with a big swimming pool, this is not it. We spent our day on the battlefield and in town, so the swimming pool of was little interest to us. The price was was a great bargain. Would really recommend this to anyone staying in the gettysburg area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear kjo44,

Guilty as charged! We do have a small pool facility, so Michael Phelps & Ryan Lochte may not benefit from swimming here, however, if you are looking for comfort, a relaxing evening, and great service we are your hotel! Thanks for your response. I am delighted each time a guest is able to express that they have enjoyed their stay and appreciate that our hard work on this recent renovation is noticed! I hope that you will visit us again soon, we are in our final stages of the renovations. The next big project would be our carpet being replaced. We are looking forward to that as well as your return!

sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Sleep Inn Gettysburg with my two teenage sons. The hotel is like new and stylish! Rooms were spacious enough for the three of us to relax after long days of sigh-seeing and we never felt crowded. The hotel location was quiet, safe, away from the hustle and bustle of town and a very short drive to the battlefield and downtown.

It is most important that I mention the professional, helpful and pleasant staff at the Sleep Inn. The front desk staff, the really sweet lady who works in the breakfast area, in-door and out-door maintenance crews, housekeeping and the management provide outstanding customer service with pride and a smile! I really appreciated the hard work they put into making my stay so wonderful!

Keep up the good work Sleep Inn Gettysburg! You ARE making a difference :)

Room Tip: I chose a room with two queen beds and a pull out sofa sleeper for my two teenage sons and myself. T...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear 12KJ,

I know that I repeat myself often when responding to our guests comments. I am so happy to say once again, that I am glad you've enjoyed your stay and proud that we were able to help make your experience here in Gettysburg a positive and hopefully a memorable one. I thank you on behalf of the staff here for recognizing the hard work put in on a daily basis. Hopefully we will get to host you again in the future!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff was wonderful. They took fabulous care of friends and family during a very trying time. Everyone enjoyed the hospitality displayed by Mykel and her team. I appreciated them being able to accommodate our needs on such a short notice. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Todd R,

I am glad we were able to assist your family during a very difficult period. I hope that we were able to take a little bit of the edge off and provide your party with relaxing accommodations, as well as a peaceful stay. I hope you guys will visit us again in the future. We thank you for trusting us with your hotel needs.

Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was a nice hotel in a good location. They have average to slightly larger rooms. The room was very clean and neat. The front desk staff was very nice. The included breakfast was average. The indoor pool is VERY small. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mykel S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear RGCG,

I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful comment for us. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that we get to see you return in the future.

Brussels, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel was one of the better hotels we stayed in during our vacation. It was very nice and clean and the employees were very friendly. I would have given it 5 stars, except the pool was extremely small, in fact, the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel. The only upside to it was that we were the only people in it for a while. The other negative is the breakfast. It was the typical continental breakfast so similar to all of the other hotel breakfasts with the basic cereals and waffles. On this vacation we had stayed a total of nine nights so we really appreciated any breakfasts that were unique or added a little more to the breakfast menu. On the upside, it had a great location, the price was reasonable for a suite, and most importantly, we felt safe in the neighborhood. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to any family, despite only two negatives.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear CountryMomof3,

I appreciate your kind words. I apologize that our pool wasn't to your full satisfaction, however, I am glad that your party was able to have "run of the house" for a while. We are in a transitional phase as far as our breakfast is concerned. We have just upgraded from the normal continental fare, to Choice Hotels Morning Medley Breakfast. We have already incorporated sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurts as well as hot waffles into our breakfast menus and will be expanding it further in the near future to include more high protein items. I hope by your next visit you find the breakfast to be more satisfying.

Thankfully Yours,

Phil Mack, Jr.
Lakeville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is like new, very clean, quiet and safe we stayed in room 205. We stayed in the two room suite with pull out sofa. Yes we had to ask for linens but I do not consider it a problem. We had a hotel sized fridge and a microwave. Again everything in the room was like new. Oliver was at the front desk when we checked in and he was great but so was everyone at the place during our three nights there. For example we checked in late and the kids just wanted some stuff warmed in the microwave but this being the end of our second week on the road we had run out of paper plates. I went down to the front desk spoke to Oliver and he said take whatever we need from the dining room. We just needed a few paper bowls and plates but it was a very big deal to us at that late hour. Also one of our mornings we slept in a little and got down to the free breakfast towards the end. When we arrived they were short of a few items we like. I’m sorry I didn’t get the young lady’s name but she brought us anything we needed with a smile and even cooked up some more sausage for us, again a big deal when traveling with kids. If the hotel had one issue it was the size of the pool…tiny, but we didn’t come to Gettysburg to hang out in a hotel pool. I think the only reason my kids made time to go to the pool was to say they did. The hotel is just over three miles from the center of town and it’s an easy drive. Take a right out of the parking lot and go till you hit the rotary. Next time we are in Gettysburg we’ll be back here.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the parking lot evens face the empty field. I like being able to peek out at t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear usmcoldschool,

What an amazing response about your recent stay! We all have taken the time to read your comment and are flattered you would speak so highly of us and of our property. We take great pride in our service standards here at the Sleep Inn of Gettysburg and are happy to have pleased you!

Phil Mack, Jr.
sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Been to Sleep Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!