“Nice place to stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Illinois
“Nice place to stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was a nice hotel in a good location. They have average to slightly larger rooms. The room was very clean and neat. The front desk staff was very nice. The included breakfast was average. The indoor pool is VERY small. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mykel S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear RGCG,

I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful comment for us. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that we get to see you return in the future.

sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Brussels, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel was one of the better hotels we stayed in during our vacation. It was very nice and clean and the employees were very friendly. I would have given it 5 stars, except the pool was extremely small, in fact, the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel. The only upside to it was that we were the only people in it for a while. The other negative is the breakfast. It was the typical continental breakfast so similar to all of the other hotel breakfasts with the basic cereals and waffles. On this vacation we had stayed a total of nine nights so we really appreciated any breakfasts that were unique or added a little more to the breakfast menu. On the upside, it had a great location, the price was reasonable for a suite, and most importantly, we felt safe in the neighborhood. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to any family, despite only two negatives.

Dear CountryMomof3,

I appreciate your kind words. I apologize that our pool wasn't to your full satisfaction, however, I am glad that your party was able to have "run of the house" for a while. We are in a transitional phase as far as our breakfast is concerned. We have just upgraded from the normal continental fare, to Choice Hotels Morning Medley Breakfast. We have already incorporated sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurts as well as hot waffles into our breakfast menus and will be expanding it further in the near future to include more high protein items. I hope by your next visit you find the breakfast to be more satisfying.

Phil Mack, Jr.
Lakeville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is like new, very clean, quiet and safe we stayed in room 205. We stayed in the two room suite with pull out sofa. Yes we had to ask for linens but I do not consider it a problem. We had a hotel sized fridge and a microwave. Again everything in the room was like new. Oliver was at the front desk when we checked in and he was great but so was everyone at the place during our three nights there. For example we checked in late and the kids just wanted some stuff warmed in the microwave but this being the end of our second week on the road we had run out of paper plates. I went down to the front desk spoke to Oliver and he said take whatever we need from the dining room. We just needed a few paper bowls and plates but it was a very big deal to us at that late hour. Also one of our mornings we slept in a little and got down to the free breakfast towards the end. When we arrived they were short of a few items we like. I’m sorry I didn’t get the young lady’s name but she brought us anything we needed with a smile and even cooked up some more sausage for us, again a big deal when traveling with kids. If the hotel had one issue it was the size of the pool…tiny, but we didn’t come to Gettysburg to hang out in a hotel pool. I think the only reason my kids made time to go to the pool was to say they did. The hotel is just over three miles from the center of town and it’s an easy drive. Take a right out of the parking lot and go till you hit the rotary. Next time we are in Gettysburg we’ll be back here.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the parking lot evens face the empty field. I like being able to peek out at t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear usmcoldschool,

What an amazing response about your recent stay! We all have taken the time to read your comment and are flattered you would speak so highly of us and of our property. We take great pride in our service standards here at the Sleep Inn of Gettysburg and are happy to have pleased you!

Phil Mack, Jr.
Locke, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel is a great choice, with fabulously CLEAN rooms. The amenties include a small pool and fitness center. In the room there's a fridge and coffee maker which is convenent. Beds are comfortable with firm mattresses. The complementary breakfast looked good, but we didn't work that into our schedule. The front desk crew could not have been more helpful. Every time we were looking for a different attraction or restaurant, we were given printed directions and recommendations. The hotel is a few miles from the national park, but an easy drive. To sum it up, it is clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room, but arriving early led them to put us in an available room. It faced the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear edhelper,

I have been flattered with your comments! Our room renovations are nearing completion and with comments like yours it seems we are headed in the right direction. Our standard rooms boast amenities such as micro-fridges, microwaves, coffee makers, and 32 inch flat screen televisions. We have guest coin-op laundry on site, a fitness center as well as a pool. (It's small, but it's heated and relaxing!). We have breakfast as well, and with the addition of breakfast sausages, waffles, boiled eggs, and yogurt, we offer more than the regular continental spread.

Our entire staff takes the utmost pride in offering each person that works into our hotel the best service possible. We appreciate when it is noticed! Fell free to visit with us at anytime!

Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with the Sleep Inn and Suites Hotel just outside of Gettysburg, PA. The hotel was tastefully decorated and extremely clean. The room had two queen size beds and a flat screen tv. Everything in the room seemed fresh and new. The hotel was very quiet at night. The breakfast was decent for the money. The staff was very helpful in suggesting how to arrange our visit to Gettysburg. If you don't mind staying just outside of town, this hotel is a good choice and a great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Terry L,

I've just read over the comment you left regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see you have enjoyed or brand refresh and hotel renovations. We are constantly trying to upgrade our facilities, amenities, and service to keep up with you, the guest. Thank you for the excellent review!

NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the nice reviews; however I have complains with my stay.
The front desk guy was very friendly and helpful but the room was just so-so.
I booked a suite with 2 queens and a sofa sleeper, first of all the sofa-sleeper doesn't even have linen so I had to call front desk, pick up sheet and make the bed myself. The sofa sleeper was so worn and even I try to lay on it gently I can still feel the springs under the mattress. Also there was a big stain on carpet around sink area which should be taking care of.
I noticed the sign in elevator that the hotel is under renovation so I hope I stayed in a room has not been updated yet.

Dear wildy2008,

I am sorry you were not pleased with our sofa sleeper. We are still in the midst of a complete renovation so we will take your comments into consideration. The carpets will be redone as part of this renovation. I hope next time you return, you will be more satisfied.

sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Been to Sleep Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!