“Clean & comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Ashland, New York
“Clean & comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We chose to stay at the Sleep Inn at Gettysburg based on our stay in other locations. Once again the standard was good & we found our accommodation to be clean & comfortable. The staff at check-in were welcoming, friendly & helpful. After a tiring day doing touristy things all around Gettysburg it was a treat to find a cool, quiet room with a comfortable bed. Breakfast in the morning was good with a mix of hot & cold foods available. The member of staff in the breakfast area was very attentive & kept everything well stocked & clean. The wifi worked well & was included in the room rate. This hotel is just on the outskirts of the town in a quiet area. I still think their rates can be a bit high but overall the standard of cleanliness & comfort make the Sleep Inn a reliable option when on the road.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mykel S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear helentum,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a pleasant response regarding your recent stay with us here at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Gettysburg. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to your liking and hope that we have the opportunity to wow you in the future. As our renovations continue I am confident that you will only find our property more accommodating. We look forward to hosting you again!!

sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It was a few miles from the downtown area. All of the other places were over $120 esp downtown. I read some of the reviews and checked rates, w AAA i got $71+tax. The front desk person was really nice and suggested the Irish Pub to eat when i asked for a place. It was back in town and he printed directions. turned out to be a good recommendation. the room was adequate, 2 beds, flatscreen tv, microwave, fridge. didnt discover till the morning that the shower didnt drain well...reported it on checkout. some of the grouting could probably be redone around the tub. everything else was fine. didnt use the pool, looked more like a tub. there was a comp bfast but didnt take advantage of it. Id stay here again if in the area
Its not a Hilton etc but perfectly fine esp for the price

Room Tip: on Route 30 with Walmart and eating places around
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear crow3232,

Although we can not guarantee that our room rates will always be that low, we can assure you that anytime you would like to stay with us, you will definitely get your monies worth, I am glad I had the opportunity to deal with your party personally, and I am elated that you enjoyed my suggestion for dinner at the GarryOwen Irish Pub. There are tons of other delicious places in the area as well, perhaps on your next visit I can direct you to some of those places. I do apologize for our pool, (and yes, it is a real pool and not large Jacuzzi). We only have limited space to work with here in that department and make due the best we can. Our hotel is also under going an entire face lift, so issues such as the grouting in the bathrooms will soon be a memory as we continue to move forward. Thank you for staying with us!!

Rye, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel at the end of June 2012. I booked it based upon the good reviews on tripadvisor, but wasn't expecting an outstanding experience since the price was so reasonable. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was courteous. My room was clean and up-to-date. The bed was in good condition. In fact, the mattress was so comfortable that I did not wake up once during the night - a very rare occurrence for me in a hotel. Breakfast was adequate considering the price of the room.
My daughter and I were in Gettysburg to visit Gettysburg College. After we checked out of the hotel in the morning and had driven an hour outside of Gettysburg, I realized I had left some important papers inside of the information folder from the college on the desk in our room. I called the front desk and explained the situation. I told them I did not need the college brochures, but if they could possibly send me my papers I had slipped inside the folder I would be most appreciative. I wasn't sure if I would actually receive them, but sure enough, not only did the hotel send my papers back to me, but they also sent all of the Gettysburg College brochures! I will definitely stay in this hotel again if my daughter is accepted and chooses to attend Gettysburg College.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Cheryl L,

There is no need to thank us about sending your papers! We were glad that we could recover them and get them back to you in a timely manner. Thank you however, for the wonderful comments. I know the school year is just beginning and have to ask was your daughter accepted? Will we be seeing you again? I hope all is well and whatever the case may be, I hope you and your family are doing great! Come back and see how we have improved since your stay!

Dixon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and daughter and I stayed for one night. The price was great. I have paid more for far less. Both members of the staff that i spoke with were helpful and courteous. It was very quiet and the room (2 queens) had plenty of room even with a pack and play set up. If I go back to Gettysburg, I will stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear NHaws,

Here at the Sleep Inn of Gettysburg we know the value of a good stay. I am glad you found our room vs. price ratio to be more than adequate for you and your family. Times are tough out here for all of us, and we understand that so we try to be reasonable with our rates whilst still being competitive. I am proud our staff was able to provide top notch service for you, and can't wait for your return visit to do it all again! Thank you for staying with us!!

Waltham, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I took my lacrosse team to Gettysburg, PA for a tournament and booked 3 nights at the Sleep Inn and Suites right in town. As soon as I walked in and was greeted by Phil, I knew that I had made the right choice. Everything about my stay was perfect, including the great room, excellent FREE breakfast, FREE WiFi and the amazing staff. I did not know the area very well, but Phil and Shaquae at teh front desk promptly handled any questions that I had and helped me find the best local places for dinner and drinks.
I spend way too much time in hotels, and I have to say that the Sleep Inn and Suites in Gettysburg, PA is one of the best experiences I have had in a very long time. I strongly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next trip back to Gettysburg!

Room Tip: I cant imagine that there is a bad room here - everything us updated including the lobby and rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear travelerWaltham_ma,

You guys are the greatest! Thank you for such a terrific comment regarding your recent stay. We enjoyed hosting you guys, and hope that we get to see you next year. We've enjoyed having you here, conversing with you, as well as thankful we got to come out and see your kids in action. It was our pleasure to experience first hand the excitement of the tournament, and must say we shared all the highs and lows with you guys and felt very much part of the team. Please keep us updated with your teams progress, we would love to hear from you! Hope all is well.

Lyndhurst, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family and I took a trip out to Gettysburg from NJ. We packed an overnight bag, just in case we wanted to spend the night. When we decided to spend the night, we hit the Comfort Inn, Wyndham and a few others... All of them were asking 220 plus for one night. I was about to give up when I noticed the Sleep Inn across the street. We pulled into an empty lot and the place was empty. I asked for a room and Oliver, the desk manager, said "129"... I agreed! My wife was very skeptical since it was empty and the price was so cheap. She thought "It must be a flea-bag..." She was bracing for the worst. We got off the elevator and she was in awe of how clean it looked, smelled... She was shocked! The room was spotless... It was perfect. We relaxed in the room for 30 minutes and our phone started to ring?!?! It was Oliver at the front desk, asking if the room and everything was to our satisfaction... Indeed it was!!! Don't pay double for one of the larger hotels... I would bet this room was as good or better than any of the BIG Hotels and it was half the price... Thank you, Sleep Inn!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Jason K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!! I am excited to hear that we went above your expectations, and happy that you have had an opportunity to see that we indeed are not, a "fleabag" hotel. We take major pride in our work here at the Sleep Inn, and are in the midst of completely revamping, re-branding, and improving our facilities. If you were happy with us before you will love what we have in store! Come back again anytime!

Rotonda West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I'm a little bit of a hotel snob, so I didn't know what to expect with a Sleep Inn. It was terrific! It was our last hotel on a two week road trip, and it was probably the nicest of the whole trip. The room was large, comfortable, and most importantly, clean. We had a fridge and microwave in the room as well. We slept with the a/c off, and didn't hear a thing. It was a great night's sleep. I do wish there would have been a better selection at breakfast, but we still managed to have some cereal, bagels, and juice before heading out. Very nice hotel!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear jmslicker,

Thank you for taking your time to post a comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy that we were able to satisfy your expensive taste here, at are humble property. We have expanded the breakfast selection, and now offer more hot breakfast choices. Hopefully we will get to see you again soon!

Thankfully Yours,

Phil Mack, Jr.
Guest Relations Manager (Dude at the Front Desk)
sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Been to Sleep Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!