“A Perfect Surprise in Gettysburg” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“A Perfect Surprise in Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family and I took a trip out to Gettysburg from NJ. We packed an overnight bag, just in case we wanted to spend the night. When we decided to spend the night, we hit the Comfort Inn, Wyndham and a few others... All of them were asking 220 plus for one night. I was about to give up when I noticed the Sleep Inn across the street. We pulled into an empty lot and the place was empty. I asked for a room and Oliver, the desk manager, said "129"... I agreed! My wife was very skeptical since it was empty and the price was so cheap. She thought "It must be a flea-bag..." She was bracing for the worst. We got off the elevator and she was in awe of how clean it looked, smelled... She was shocked! The room was spotless... It was perfect. We relaxed in the room for 30 minutes and our phone started to ring?!?! It was Oliver at the front desk, asking if the room and everything was to our satisfaction... Indeed it was!!! Don't pay double for one of the larger hotels... I would bet this room was as good or better than any of the BIG Hotels and it was half the price... Thank you, Sleep Inn!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Jason K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!! I am excited to hear that we went above your expectations, and happy that you have had an opportunity to see that we indeed are not, a "fleabag" hotel. We take major pride in our work here at the Sleep Inn, and are in the midst of completely revamping, re-branding, and improving our facilities. If you were happy with us before you will love what we have in store! Come back again anytime!

Guest Relations Manager
sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Rotonda West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I'm a little bit of a hotel snob, so I didn't know what to expect with a Sleep Inn. It was terrific! It was our last hotel on a two week road trip, and it was probably the nicest of the whole trip. The room was large, comfortable, and most importantly, clean. We had a fridge and microwave in the room as well. We slept with the a/c off, and didn't hear a thing. It was a great night's sleep. I do wish there would have been a better selection at breakfast, but we still managed to have some cereal, bagels, and juice before heading out. Very nice hotel!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear jmslicker,

Thank you for taking your time to post a comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy that we were able to satisfy your expensive taste here, at are humble property. We have expanded the breakfast selection, and now offer more hot breakfast choices. Hopefully we will get to see you again soon!

Thankfully Yours,

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I never thought i'd be giving a Sleep Inn 5 stars since it isn't a luxury hotel, but it was fantastic. I was here on business for two nights, visiting the Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg, MD. Easy to get to and from the hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great breakfast in the morning and i appreciated the trays to take food up to your room and healthy food options. The room, it was huge! Two large beds that were comfortable, a couch/sitting area, nice closet, desk, fridge and microwave. Couldn't ask for more for the price. It was kind of odd having the bathroom right as you walked in, but I got over it. It was a tad dark in the bathroom if you didn't keep the door open, but nothing I couldn't live with for a couple of days.

The hotel is conveniently located near Gettysburg attractions. Each night we drove to the historic part for dinner. Lots of cute and affordable places to choose from as well as lots of fun wine tasting.

Overall, i would definitely stay here again. It was a great hotel, with an updated decor, very clean, and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear zoecatva,

I am pleased to hear you were happy with your experience here at the Gettysburg Sleep Inn & Suites. Would love to have you back!

Antioch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel wasn't bad. Its easily accessible, the rooms are large, updated, and ours had a refrigerator and microwave, and it had a nice little continental breakfast with it. The only down side was that the bathroom door was broken and taped together and the pool was tiny, but compared to where we stayed next, this was a dream.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a good pool, this is not your place.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Mykel S, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Brian N,

Thank you so very much for the feedback. We rely heavily on comments from our guests to help us continually improve our services. We sincerely regret you had to experience our broken door in your guest room. The door had been recently damaged and we are currently awaiting a replacement door. We have been diligently working on renovations to the property and find it disappointing you had to experience this room before we could replace the door. We are very excited by the continuing improvements to our property and take great pride in the services we provide. Ensuring our guests receive excellent service and value is always our goal. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we sincerely hope you will visit us again to see our improvements when your travels bring you back to the area.

Best regards,
P: (717) 334-3866 ext. 120
E: gm.pa373@choicehotels.com
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Hotel is located just outside town in a country setting. Our room was a generous size with a separate sitting area. Tastefully decorated with all new furnishings. Even the phone was new! Restaurants (Ruby Tuesday etc) close by as well as shopping (Wal-Mart etc). I chose the hotel based on previous reviews and was more than satisfied with quality and location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mykel S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear wynberg,

Thanks for taking the time to tell the world about your stay with us! Our Sleep Inn & Suites is located 2.5 miles from the center square of downtown Gettysburg, within a 5 radius of our hotel you will find 30+ local, chain and fast food restaurants, we are minutes away from multiple shopping complexes including The Outlet Shoppes of Gettysburg, with a close proximity to many of the attractions, battlefield, and Gettysburg College. Are hotel is in the process of re-branding and has already gone through tremendous renovation of our guest rooms, lobby area, as well as our breakfast area. We are always looking to improve so continuous input from you, the guest helps!

With Thanks,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel in Gettysburg during the summer, a seemingly impossible quest. I didn't want to repeat last year's 28 mile drive to and from Gettysburg at the "cheap" hotel I stayed at; that was sooo not fun driving the distance after a full day of battlefield hiking. After two days of searching the great internet, I found a very good price for the Sleep Inn on York Road. It was an advance pay, but the price was great. Ratings were mediocre, but what the heck, the price was good. When I arrived after a full day at Antietam, I was exhausted. Check in was no problem. The check-in dude was friendly, explained how to use the free internet and the hours of the free breakfast. My room was on the fourth floor across from the elevator. The room was outstanding! Clean, spacious (I had a two-queen bed room), there was a small sofa with coffee table, a small refig and microwave oven. The bathroom was clean, the bed sheets were clean and the carpet was clean. Flat screen TV, about 32inches, and a nice desk to set up my laptop. I didn't notice any noise from the elevator during my entire stay and I couldn't hear other guests in the rooms next to mine. The breakfast in the morning was very good; a do-it-yourself waffle maker, peeled hard boiled eggs, a couple selections of kid cereal, instant oatmeal, fresh whole fruit, juice, coffee, tea bags for tea, and milk. Also there was yogurt, bread, bagels and the condiments for all those things The breakfast area is small but adequate for the family. They had small trays available if I wanted to be unsocial or it was crowded, I could pile on the goods and cart it up to the room. But I enjoyed eating in the company of others and listening to their stories of surgical procedures and also what they were going to do at Gettysburg. It was fun. There is a medium sized pool which was in operation and the hotel has a nice little work out room. The hotel is about 3 miles from the Visitor Center, which is nice because it's close enough to the heart of Gettysburg, but I didn't have to deal with the hoards of folks and cars at night. The hotel is near a WalMart, Target, Subway, McDonalds and several other eateries. It's within a 1/4 mile of a movie theater and mall as well. I had no issues with the hotel and the price was right.

Room Tip: Ice machine is on the 3rd floor. I stayed on the 4th and they have a quiet elevator. But the stairs...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mykel S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear BrotherO,

Thank you for your fantastic (and verbose :)) comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you were so pleased with your accommodations, and had a wonderful experience with us. I was so excited upon reading this to share your remarks our staff. They are very flattered and appreciate the testament to everyone 's hard work. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us!

delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is a very clean hotel and only a couple of miles from the center of town. Front desk personnel very friendly. Breakfast is a bit limited and the breakfast area is very small - just a comment not a complaint - it saves money not having to buy another meal out. There are a few fast food places very near by as well. And just a quick aside - i'm pretty sure we might have had a paranormal experience, nothing scary - just unexplainable. Remember - the whole area was one large battlefield. I highly recommend this hotel - very nice place for the $.

Room Tip: we stayed in 412
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MSunday_pa373, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear wolvesongs,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, each one whether is is positive or negative allows us to see things from the guests point of view, and helps us to continue improving or service, as well as our facility. I appreciate your positive review of our staff, as well as our cleanliness, two key points that we emphasize to all of our employees. They will be pleased to read your review. Further more, I apologize for your seemingly not so great experience at breakfast. We admit, to having a limited amount of space in our eating area. We do not discourage guest from taking breakfast in there room, and do provide trays. We are currently thinking of creative ways to use the space we have available to expand this area. We are also bulking up our breakfast selections, adding hot food selections such as sausages, and scrambled eggs, very soon! We must hear about your "paranormal" experience though sounds extremely interesting!

Guest Relations Manager
sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Been to Sleep Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!