“nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
delaware
“nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is a very clean hotel and only a couple of miles from the center of town. Front desk personnel very friendly. Breakfast is a bit limited and the breakfast area is very small - just a comment not a complaint - it saves money not having to buy another meal out. There are a few fast food places very near by as well. And just a quick aside - i'm pretty sure we might have had a paranormal experience, nothing scary - just unexplainable. Remember - the whole area was one large battlefield. I highly recommend this hotel - very nice place for the $.

Room Tip: we stayed in 412
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MSunday_pa373, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear wolvesongs,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, each one whether is is positive or negative allows us to see things from the guests point of view, and helps us to continue improving or service, as well as our facility. I appreciate your positive review of our staff, as well as our cleanliness, two key points that we emphasize to all of our employees. They will be pleased to read your review. Further more, I apologize for your seemingly not so great experience at breakfast. We admit, to having a limited amount of space in our eating area. We do not discourage guest from taking breakfast in there room, and do provide trays. We are currently thinking of creative ways to use the space we have available to expand this area. We are also bulking up our breakfast selections, adding hot food selections such as sausages, and scrambled eggs, very soon! We must hear about your "paranormal" experience though sounds extremely interesting!

sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
North Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This Hotel was Great !!! Very friendly staff and Super Clean . I will definately stay here again .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear William M,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We are continuously striving to improve every aspect of our hotel. I know our staff will be pleased to read your comments. We always make sure they have a chance to know that their dedication to providing exceptional service is appreciated. Thank you again for your wonderful review. Feel free to contact us at anytime.

Phil Mack Jr.
Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

This property had a bad rap due to the previous ownership, but the new owners and staff have cone a complete 180. Attentive and extremely helpful all the time, all went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as any we've ever had anywhere, at any price. So, in terms of value, you can't do better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
MSunday_pa373, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear David M,

Thank you for your wonderful response regarding your recent stay. I am proud to say our staff is completely dedicated to offering spectacular service, and each one of us takes pride in satisfying our guest. I am happy you found your experience with us was a positive one. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

elmira, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at the Sleep Inn at Gettysburg because there were no rooms available in town. This hotel is a few miles away from battlefield. Clean, comfortable, free breakfast (typical continental fare), and heated indoor pool. For just $80 with AAA rate, I will def come back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear beckyspencer,

I would love to extend my thanks for your recent feedback. I can also say that although you may not have went out of your way to book us as your first choice, we are happy that you have had a chance to experience our hotel first hand, and that you had a positive stay with us. We are currently in the process of upgrading our breakfast menu to include hot food selections as well. Perhaps by your next visit that addition will be complete. We are also in the process of upgrading the entire facility, guest rooms, lobby and the breakfast area as well, a transition that is sure to bring a smile to your face the next time you get to stay with us. We look forward to your return, and we'll keep the pool warm for you.

Sleep Inn & suites of Gettysburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had been to the Sleep Inn a couple years back and the service was terrible and the building was falling apart...literally. I was surprized at the time to find out the building was only 3 years old at the time. The apperance of the building, and the quality of service at the time were hand and hand very smug front desk people with an i dont care attitude. My wife booked us a room recently there and although i was tenative i figured since she already booked we would give it one last shot. When we arrived I noticed that there was an under new management sign, and it was under local ownership. When we walked in we were warmly greeted by a very nice gentleman, I believe his name was Paul, he was very courteous and welcoming. I asked him about the new ownership and told him about my past experience here and he assured me that the hotel was being revamped from the ground up..and was it ever. The hotel was so clean, and even the housekeeping staff was friendly. We had a king suite with a jacoozy tub right in the living area!! this was awesome! Needless to say it was a great couple days ;) The hotel is a little off the beaten path about 2 miles from the downtown area but easily accessible, very close to many food spots. I would visit here again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Jason P,

Thank you for your feedback! I remember your stay here and you my friend, were a remarkable guest! I thank you for sharing your travelling experiences with me, and can't wait to be updated about your trip to Tik'al! Feel free to drop by anytime. P.S. I assume you were speaking of me when talking of the fron desk guy...We don't have a Paul. :)

Your Friend,

Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a first time endeavor for these new hotel owners, but they totally will bend over backwards to make your experience here the best it can be! I called down anytime and the front desk people always had the right answers and the best suggestions. The rooms were clean and enjoyed the heated pool and jacuzzi room with the subzero temps outside....continental breakfast was a nice start to the day too. This kind of treatment has made me a WEEKLY guest, thanks and see you soon friends!

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side of the building....most even numbered rooms :)
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear tarahoodle,

Over the course of these last few months, I have gotten to know you as one of our absolutely favorite guests. I think I speak for the entire staff when I say, "You brighten up our days!" We appreciate you sharing your crafts with us. I can honestly say it is a delight to have you staying with us so often. It is an absolute pleasure to be able to give you excellent service week after week, and we all look forward to hearing more of your stories. Can't wait to see you next week!

sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Been to Sleep Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!