“Very clean and accomodating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gettysburg Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettysburg Campground
You added Gettysburg Campground to your Saves list
2030 Fairfield Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Very clean and accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is my second stay in three years and I am very impressed with how clean they keep everything. I'm in a motorhome and the spot was level and had a good stone base that make it easy to level my motorhome. The electric, water, sewer, cable and Wi-Fi worked flawlessly.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a lot of activities for families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great location for Gettysburg and nearby tours. Campground is very clean and well kept. Owners are involved and care. Their happy employees really make a difference. Great pool and activity areas. Very family friendly. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Staff was helpful and personable. Owner is onsite and very nice. Campground is very clean. Bathrooms very clean but small. Had to wait in line for a shower a few times. We had a campsite that backed up to creek. Kids loved wading in creek and catching creatures. Pool was clean but closed at 8 for overnight cleaning, too early since it was soooo hot! Activities were non existent during the week and limited on the weekend but we were there to sightsee, so it didnt bother us. Great location for traveling into Gettysburg. Sites were large, shaded and level with gravel but they used large gravel and it was sharp even under our patio mat.

Room Tip: Creek sites are spacious and fun for kids!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Jean G
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went with my friend and his daughter just this past weekend. We rented a cottage which suited perfectly. The grounds were in great shape as was the cottage. The only flaw was that the porch chairs weren't the greatest and the mattresses are EXTREMELY hard!
The staff couldn't have been nicer and you could be as busy as you wanted with activities or just sit and rest--completely up to you.

Hope to go back again and would love to see them follow through with pet friendly cottages!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Rooms
Millersville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I visited the Gettysburg Campground for a weekend in August 2013. We do not camp often, so it was nice that it wasn't too rugged and close to the attractions. Check-in was quick and easy and the front desk was very helpful with suggestions and directions. There was a little shop in with the front desk to get any of those little things you forgot, plus ice and firewood. There were lots of activities for the little ones (playground, large field for running) some cost extra (mini-golf, bike rentals). We stayed in a tent and the location was nice, right next to the little river. I would have like a larger site or to have them a little more spread out, we felt like we lacked a lot of privacy. There were port-a-potties directly across from the site, which was convinient. I witnessed the staff come by several times a day to clean them. The bath house was a little walk, it was ok, but smelled a bit and only offered a few stalls. Overall for just the two nights we stayed it was good and we'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tafton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The men's room was terrible; only 2 toilets, one with door hanging off, the other with ripped shower curtain for a door. Had to stand in line to use urinal. When I complained, paid $65 for one night, was asked to leave by owner! Paid for a water site, next to a mud hole. Sites were very crowded, much to close! Bath house was filthy and much too small! Been camping for over 50 years and this has to be one of the worst campgrounds I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 99Bill
Walkersville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Me and my brother in law stayed here on to sites last year. Me and my wife on one site and my brothers in law and sister next to us. Sites very small except the on my. Brother in law on. People have no respect for the site lines people behind us had there tent half on our spot and my brother inlaw had a guy behind him with his camper on the the so he exit his camper on his spot. People across from us got in a fight at 3am and woke up half the camp ground. We called the office no one answered. Then at 8 in the morning the owner showed up and said if we call leave a message he would have called back. Stupid if you ask me. Every employee that we talked to had a bad attitude. When we told them we where unhappy they did not care. Never will I stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family