“Love to stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gettysburg Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettysburg Campground
You added Gettysburg Campground to your Saves list
2030 Fairfield Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Sheffield, Pennsylvania
“Love to stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We always. enjoy our stay. We have stayed in one of the cabins and have camped in our tent. The shower rooms are always clean and fresh. Staff is friendly and there is always great stuff planed for the whole family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pasadena, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The campground sites are very small and very close to the other campers. We were so close, I could almost hear them whispering. The site we were staying at was not level and we were washed out by the weather (not their fault) so we rented a cabin. It had room for 4 to sleep but nothing else. The campsite had a great view by a stream. The cabin faced RVs so the view sucked but it kept us dry. The staff was nice and really help me out when we were forced out by the storm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MdMedic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Family spent a week here in November. It was mostly off-season, so no crouds to speak of. Made a nice jumping off point for the battlefields. We had no problems with the staff (contrary to other reviews). All were more then attentive and courteous. My only complaint would be the lower showers could have used more attention. Other than that, clean grounds, nice ammenities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a great stay at this campground. The internet connection at the site was very good, bathroom was kept clean and staff was friendly.

Most of the sites seemed a little on the small side but were level and taken good care of. Ours was a decent size - but had to park vehicle sideways so it was not hanging out of our site. Lots of trees on most sites which can make it hard for parking camper and vehicles.

They advertise a rv garage on campground property. Unless it is an emergency I do not recommend them. We broke our lock on camper door. There was a $58.00 charge just to come walk the 50 feet to our site. We decided to just have it fixed at our garage for much lower fees!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We enjoy the campground type of stay, and this is really a nice campground. I would not hesitate to recommend it for any type of camping. We stayed in a cabin, since we no longer have a camper, and we do enjoy the campground atmosphere over motels. The spacious covered porch was nice, and the bathroom was roomy, with a large shelf to store our stuff. Kitchenette area had plenty of counter space and was well supplied with dishes, etc. Previous reviewers commented on how bad the beds are, and to be fair, I should have taken heed! We are not picky people, and have slept in campers, rvs, and air mattresses in tents, but these beds were "unsleepable"! A 4 inch firm foam mattress covered in vinyl on top of plywood. The second night we took the mattresses off the bunk beds and put it them side by side under the queen mattress on the main bed so at least we had 8 inches of foam mattress and it was somewhat better. Having said that, otherwise we enjoyed the campground, and its proximity to the Gettysburg battlefield and downtown. If we had a camper or RV I would definitely return here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Spacious sites, easy check-in, The best showers of any campground I have seen, User controlled, free, plenty of hot water. There were sites available a week in advance, sunday there were alot of sites available, there were about 10 sites occupied in the whole campground.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was my first trip to this campground and I loved it! The reservations were easy to make. Upon arrival the staff was very helpful and informative. Our site was just what I wanted shady by the marsh. I did not even receive one bug bite. The Elvis show was great, but I felt bad for him because it was so hot outside. What most impressed me was when I bought some ice at the store and left my wallet. I did not realize it until hours later. I called and they said they had it in the lost and found. I went back and sure enough it was there, everything was still inside it! I will definitely come back and would recommend this campground to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple