“Would stay here again if we came back to area.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gettysburg Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettysburg Campground
You added Gettysburg Campground to your Saves list
2030 Fairfield Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Would stay here again if we came back to area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a great stay at this campground. The internet connection at the site was very good, bathroom was kept clean and staff was friendly.

Most of the sites seemed a little on the small side but were level and taken good care of. Ours was a decent size - but had to park vehicle sideways so it was not hanging out of our site. Lots of trees on most sites which can make it hard for parking camper and vehicles.

They advertise a rv garage on campground property. Unless it is an emergency I do not recommend them. We broke our lock on camper door. There was a $58.00 charge just to come walk the 50 feet to our site. We decided to just have it fixed at our garage for much lower fees!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We enjoy the campground type of stay, and this is really a nice campground. I would not hesitate to recommend it for any type of camping. We stayed in a cabin, since we no longer have a camper, and we do enjoy the campground atmosphere over motels. The spacious covered porch was nice, and the bathroom was roomy, with a large shelf to store our stuff. Kitchenette area had plenty of counter space and was well supplied with dishes, etc. Previous reviewers commented on how bad the beds are, and to be fair, I should have taken heed! We are not picky people, and have slept in campers, rvs, and air mattresses in tents, but these beds were "unsleepable"! A 4 inch firm foam mattress covered in vinyl on top of plywood. The second night we took the mattresses off the bunk beds and put it them side by side under the queen mattress on the main bed so at least we had 8 inches of foam mattress and it was somewhat better. Having said that, otherwise we enjoyed the campground, and its proximity to the Gettysburg battlefield and downtown. If we had a camper or RV I would definitely return here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Spacious sites, easy check-in, The best showers of any campground I have seen, User controlled, free, plenty of hot water. There were sites available a week in advance, sunday there were alot of sites available, there were about 10 sites occupied in the whole campground.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was my first trip to this campground and I loved it! The reservations were easy to make. Upon arrival the staff was very helpful and informative. Our site was just what I wanted shady by the marsh. I did not even receive one bug bite. The Elvis show was great, but I felt bad for him because it was so hot outside. What most impressed me was when I bought some ice at the store and left my wallet. I did not realize it until hours later. I called and they said they had it in the lost and found. I went back and sure enough it was there, everything was still inside it! I will definitely come back and would recommend this campground to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tannersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We chose this campground based on its website and reviews. The sites are very spacious with plenty of shade. the access roads are a little tight, making backing in a bit tricky. I was somewhat disappointed in the restrooms. For the size of the place, 2 small bathroom areas with only 3 showers and 2 stalls each seems kind of restrictive. We like to use showers at campgrounds due to the small size of our RV shower, It didn't seem to matter when we went, we had to wait in line.

Otherwise, this is a very nice campground with lots to do. Only a few miles from the Military Park, Try it,,,you'll like it,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aldan, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently visited Gettysburg Campground for the second time and we love it here! The Adams family are wonderful hosts! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Our truck broke down in 100 degree heat 1/4 mile from the campground and Mr. Bill came to rescue me so I didn't have to sit in the blazing sun while we waited for a tow truck. They are so accomodating - they help you park your rig and try to help you with any problems. The campground has many activities and the bathrooms are spotless. The laundry area, game room, pool, playground and camp store are very well maintained. We didn't use the cottages but we were looking for one for our friends and they opened one up and let us view it. It was really beautiful and had all the neccesities (all you need to bring is your own linen). We've already reserved for next year. Very close to Gettysburg attractions (~ 3 miles I think) Highly recommend this campground!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Great family oriented campground close to all of the Gettysburg attractions. Mini golf, pool and clean restroom facilities makes for an easy stay. Courteous staff and good rates. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Gettysburg Campground? Share your experiences!