“Great Campground” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gettysburg Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettysburg Campground
You added Gettysburg Campground to your Saves list
2030 Fairfield Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Great Campground”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Spacious sites, easy check-in, The best showers of any campground I have seen, User controlled, free, plenty of hot water. There were sites available a week in advance, sunday there were alot of sites available, there were about 10 sites occupied in the whole campground.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was my first trip to this campground and I loved it! The reservations were easy to make. Upon arrival the staff was very helpful and informative. Our site was just what I wanted shady by the marsh. I did not even receive one bug bite. The Elvis show was great, but I felt bad for him because it was so hot outside. What most impressed me was when I bought some ice at the store and left my wallet. I did not realize it until hours later. I called and they said they had it in the lost and found. I went back and sure enough it was there, everything was still inside it! I will definitely come back and would recommend this campground to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tannersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We chose this campground based on its website and reviews. The sites are very spacious with plenty of shade. the access roads are a little tight, making backing in a bit tricky. I was somewhat disappointed in the restrooms. For the size of the place, 2 small bathroom areas with only 3 showers and 2 stalls each seems kind of restrictive. We like to use showers at campgrounds due to the small size of our RV shower, It didn't seem to matter when we went, we had to wait in line.

Otherwise, this is a very nice campground with lots to do. Only a few miles from the Military Park, Try it,,,you'll like it,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aldan, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently visited Gettysburg Campground for the second time and we love it here! The Adams family are wonderful hosts! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Our truck broke down in 100 degree heat 1/4 mile from the campground and Mr. Bill came to rescue me so I didn't have to sit in the blazing sun while we waited for a tow truck. They are so accomodating - they help you park your rig and try to help you with any problems. The campground has many activities and the bathrooms are spotless. The laundry area, game room, pool, playground and camp store are very well maintained. We didn't use the cottages but we were looking for one for our friends and they opened one up and let us view it. It was really beautiful and had all the neccesities (all you need to bring is your own linen). We've already reserved for next year. Very close to Gettysburg attractions (~ 3 miles I think) Highly recommend this campground!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Great family oriented campground close to all of the Gettysburg attractions. Mini golf, pool and clean restroom facilities makes for an easy stay. Courteous staff and good rates. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
Louisa, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We visited this campground on June 14 thru 18, 2012 with a group of our Good Sam Chapter members. We had a wonderful time and found the owner and others to be very helpful. The building with meeting room and pavilion was very nice. They were very accomodating to have all ten of our rigs in close proximity to the building and close together. The only negatives were the lack of 50 amp power and the pool hours. The owner sayed they plan to add more 50 amp sites and the pool should be open later than 8:30 P.M. when the temp. is pushing 100 degrees.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here in mid-May with friends while touring Gettysburg. It was my first experience camping and I really enjoyed it. The campsite was nice, right by the creek. The facilities were well kept, showers were clean. Though there was an occasional wait in the mornings. Nights around the firepits were fun and relaxing. There was plenty of space for games for adults and children to play during the day.
My only complaint was how close the campsites were to one another. I could hear other groups up talking, or snoring all night... During the day it didn't bother too bad, everyone was friendly. That may be the norm that was just my first experience camping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Gettysburg Campground? Share your experiences!