“Points get you a broken room” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Bethel Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel has a perfect atmosphere for Gettysburg, PA. From the carpet to the Civil War decorations, it is a perfect stay in a historic city. I stayed 3 nights and they were able to accommodate a last minute request. The rooms were clean and staff was friendly and pleasant. During my time, I had conferences in the hotel and all was well presented. Great overall stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our property as well as your stay with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed 2 nights this past weekend for a conference and was very satisfied! Everything was extremely clean and the staff was more than helpful. The front desk was very prompt and helpful, and I was also very happy to have received help from the concierge, Colleen. She was very helpful in assisting our group find transportation service to and from downtown since Gettysburg does not have a taxi service. She gave us many different options, made calls and set up rides for me, and was very prompt and polite. We would have had a lot of trouble getting downtown without her so she really helped us to get the most out of our trip!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Colleen loves assisting out guests with their visits to Gettysburg, I will share your kind words with her. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed there as part of a business meeting for two nights. The hotel is new, modern and clean. It is very close to the main highway, so access in and out is very easy, but also a short drive to the major attractions (not a concern for me.) The entire hotel is decked out in patriotic themes, most of which are consistent with the civil war period, so it feels very appropriate to the environment. Service was good, but we were there at a time when it was clear that the hotel (and the city) were not busy.

Room Tip: The elevators are centrally located, and the halls can be very long. As a result, if you want to av...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our Wyndham Gettysburg property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our historic decorations. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Well, after a long drive to Gettysburg I thought a nice relaxing stay in this place would fit the bill. Service was so bad I stayed one night and hit the road a couple of days early.

You have to pay for WiFi and if you can get it to work then GOOD LUCK! And if you ask for assistance all they do is reset the router (which does no good) and throw up their hands. Nice service...NOT!

It's kind of off the beaten path, too; can't just go downstairs and walk across the street to Starbucks or anything. Kind of a convoluted driveway; you see it from the main road and highway but seems to take an inordinate amount of time to get in and out of the place.

Room Tip: Next time I'll do my homework a little better and pick a nicer hotel closer to amenities in town...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I spent 5 days at the Wyndham in the last week attending a national convention. The hotel is relatively new and situated just outside Gettysburg on the opposite side of town to the famous battlefield. Its just off the Interstate on the Gateway site which contains a Marriott, cinema and an independent restaurant. The site looks a bit like an out of town shopping complex car park but don,'t let that put you off. The hotel is high class from the Civil
War cannon in the marbled reception area to the excellently appointed rooms.
The staff were friendly and welcoming. The restaurant serves some good Americans food and breakfast dishes are varied and good value.
Top Tip: Use The Freedom Ride buses to get into Gettysburg and the Battlefield Visitor Centre. Its free to ride and runs every hour from outside the hotel. The location close to the Interstate allows easy access to the Gettysburg area and everything that holds. A good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Wyndham Gettysburg property. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. I hope you enjoyed your convention as well. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Hamburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Hotel was fine but I was traveling with some very handicapped people and was told it was in town whe I booked. It was a great hardship and feel I was mislead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand your concerns and I am sorry to hear that you were misled regarding our location. Please know that we take your feedback to heart and will be sure to follow-up with your concern. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Been to Wyndham Gettysburg? Share your experiences!