“A nice, modern hotel - just outside of town” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Minnesota
“A nice, modern hotel - just outside of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed there as part of a business meeting for two nights. The hotel is new, modern and clean. It is very close to the main highway, so access in and out is very easy, but also a short drive to the major attractions (not a concern for me.) The entire hotel is decked out in patriotic themes, most of which are consistent with the civil war period, so it feels very appropriate to the environment. Service was good, but we were there at a time when it was clear that the hotel (and the city) were not busy.

Room Tip: The elevators are centrally located, and the halls can be very long. As a result, if you want to av...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Wyndham Gettysburg property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our historic decorations. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Well, after a long drive to Gettysburg I thought a nice relaxing stay in this place would fit the bill. Service was so bad I stayed one night and hit the road a couple of days early.

You have to pay for WiFi and if you can get it to work then GOOD LUCK! And if you ask for assistance all they do is reset the router (which does no good) and throw up their hands. Nice service...NOT!

It's kind of off the beaten path, too; can't just go downstairs and walk across the street to Starbucks or anything. Kind of a convoluted driveway; you see it from the main road and highway but seems to take an inordinate amount of time to get in and out of the place.

Room Tip: Next time I'll do my homework a little better and pick a nicer hotel closer to amenities in town...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I spent 5 days at the Wyndham in the last week attending a national convention. The hotel is relatively new and situated just outside Gettysburg on the opposite side of town to the famous battlefield. Its just off the Interstate on the Gateway site which contains a Marriott, cinema and an independent restaurant. The site looks a bit like an out of town shopping complex car park but don,'t let that put you off. The hotel is high class from the Civil
War cannon in the marbled reception area to the excellently appointed rooms.
The staff were friendly and welcoming. The restaurant serves some good Americans food and breakfast dishes are varied and good value.
Top Tip: Use The Freedom Ride buses to get into Gettysburg and the Battlefield Visitor Centre. Its free to ride and runs every hour from outside the hotel. The location close to the Interstate allows easy access to the Gettysburg area and everything that holds. A good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Wyndham Gettysburg property. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. I hope you enjoyed your convention as well. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Hamburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Hotel was fine but I was traveling with some very handicapped people and was told it was in town whe I booked. It was a great hardship and feel I was mislead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand your concerns and I am sorry to hear that you were misled regarding our location. Please know that we take your feedback to heart and will be sure to follow-up with your concern. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Malvern, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This is the nicest hotel in Gettysburg. We stayed here September 19th through September 22nd in room 611.

The concierge, Colleen is so knowledgeable about the area and will not steer you wrong.

The hotel staff - Cassandra is extremely helpful and also had some great tips.

As a matter of fact when we called room service for plates and silverware Theresa called and apologized because room service was all backed up. The thing is, we had already received our tray with plates and silverware, very impressive.

We also called for toiletries and they were delivered very quickly.

We did not meet one rude staff member on the premises.

This hotel knows customer service and I have traveled both domestically and internationally for business and pleasure.

To the person on trip advisor who was offended by the cannon, this is Gettysburg and what happened here is tragic. However, a war took place here and Gettysburg is telling the story and preserving history, so why on earth you would be offended..I just don't think Gettysburg is the place for you.

We requested a room in the top floor in the corner and away from the elevators, ice and highway. Stephanie granted our request, thank you for being so customer service oriented. Hope they recognize you as a staff member.

The only not so great thing is the noise, at times we heard the garbage trucks, people locking their cars and people talking loudly in the hallway. I was unable to determine if that was due to building structure or typical hotel noise.

To Thursday night football fans, the NFL network is not available in your room. The game is shown is the bar. However the bar is so noisy that you can not hear the game.

The hotel phones for dialing out, did not seem to work for us. Not a big problem as we just used our cell phones.

Whenever we called for any type of service the phone was answered and our requests were taken care of quickly and correctly.

Thank you for a truly wonderful stay. Look forward to staying with you in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we provided guest services to your satisfaction. I will share your kind comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the hotel just before two tour buses arrived. A couple of hours later when we went to the dining room, Linda, the hostess told us that it would be an hour and half wait since the dining room was full. We told her that we were too tired to go out and find a restaurant.
She took pity on us and suggested that we go into the bar and we could have some soup and rolls along with a hamburger and salad. Needless to say we sincerely appreciated her going out of the way to take care of us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that Linda was accommodating to your needs and met your expectations. I will be sure to share your kind words with her. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Frankfort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Beautiful hotel gorgeous furnishings, great restaurant staff, best of all the beds were terrific!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in our 1863 Restaurant and had a great night's rest. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Wyndham Gettysburg? Share your experiences!