“A Stunning Address in Gettysburg” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A Stunning Address in Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I spent 5 days at the Wyndham in the last week attending a national convention. The hotel is relatively new and situated just outside Gettysburg on the opposite side of town to the famous battlefield. Its just off the Interstate on the Gateway site which contains a Marriott, cinema and an independent restaurant. The site looks a bit like an out of town shopping complex car park but don,'t let that put you off. The hotel is high class from the Civil
War cannon in the marbled reception area to the excellently appointed rooms.
The staff were friendly and welcoming. The restaurant serves some good Americans food and breakfast dishes are varied and good value.
Top Tip: Use The Freedom Ride buses to get into Gettysburg and the Battlefield Visitor Centre. Its free to ride and runs every hour from outside the hotel. The location close to the Interstate allows easy access to the Gettysburg area and everything that holds. A good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Wyndham Gettysburg property. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. I hope you enjoyed your convention as well. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

1,109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Hamburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Hotel was fine but I was traveling with some very handicapped people and was told it was in town whe I booked. It was a great hardship and feel I was mislead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand your concerns and I am sorry to hear that you were misled regarding our location. Please know that we take your feedback to heart and will be sure to follow-up with your concern. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Malvern, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This is the nicest hotel in Gettysburg. We stayed here September 19th through September 22nd in room 611.

The concierge, Colleen is so knowledgeable about the area and will not steer you wrong.

The hotel staff - Cassandra is extremely helpful and also had some great tips.

As a matter of fact when we called room service for plates and silverware Theresa called and apologized because room service was all backed up. The thing is, we had already received our tray with plates and silverware, very impressive.

We also called for toiletries and they were delivered very quickly.

We did not meet one rude staff member on the premises.

This hotel knows customer service and I have traveled both domestically and internationally for business and pleasure.

To the person on trip advisor who was offended by the cannon, this is Gettysburg and what happened here is tragic. However, a war took place here and Gettysburg is telling the story and preserving history, so why on earth you would be offended..I just don't think Gettysburg is the place for you.

We requested a room in the top floor in the corner and away from the elevators, ice and highway. Stephanie granted our request, thank you for being so customer service oriented. Hope they recognize you as a staff member.

The only not so great thing is the noise, at times we heard the garbage trucks, people locking their cars and people talking loudly in the hallway. I was unable to determine if that was due to building structure or typical hotel noise.

To Thursday night football fans, the NFL network is not available in your room. The game is shown is the bar. However the bar is so noisy that you can not hear the game.

The hotel phones for dialing out, did not seem to work for us. Not a big problem as we just used our cell phones.

Whenever we called for any type of service the phone was answered and our requests were taken care of quickly and correctly.

Thank you for a truly wonderful stay. Look forward to staying with you in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we provided guest services to your satisfaction. I will share your kind comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the hotel just before two tour buses arrived. A couple of hours later when we went to the dining room, Linda, the hostess told us that it would be an hour and half wait since the dining room was full. We told her that we were too tired to go out and find a restaurant.
She took pity on us and suggested that we go into the bar and we could have some soup and rolls along with a hamburger and salad. Needless to say we sincerely appreciated her going out of the way to take care of us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that Linda was accommodating to your needs and met your expectations. I will be sure to share your kind words with her. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Frankfort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Beautiful hotel gorgeous furnishings, great restaurant staff, best of all the beds were terrific!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in our 1863 Restaurant and had a great night's rest. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Wyndham. Everything met our expectations. Staff was friendly and professional. The only negative was the abundance of smokers that gathered around the entrances. It is not pleasant to enter and exit through a cloud of smoke. Most hotels today specifically prohibit its patrons and employees from smoking near the entrances. This Wyndham needs to adopt this policy, post signs and enforce the policy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I understand your concerns with the smoke at the entrance to the hotel. Please know that we take your feedback to heart and will be sure to follow-up with your concerns. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Landisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Excellent overall.
Staff, etc were very courteous and helpful.
Food was excellent and room was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased that you had a nice dining experience in our 1863 Restaurant. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Gettysburg.

Been to Wyndham Gettysburg? Share your experiences!