“Comfortable stay while in town” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Newark, Delaware
“Comfortable stay while in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as I was in town for the Civil War Trust teacher's conference. Upon my arrival I was greeted at the door/lobby by 2 employees thatw elcomed me before I even got to the counter. Nice touch. I had 2 separate reservations as one was a groupon and the other a conference rate. No problem. Room was nicely appointed with updated furniture. Bathroom was fully stocked and shower was nice and hot. Beds were very comfortable and the WiFi wa reliable and fast. Food provided for the conference at lunch and dinner was very good. I like staying at the hotel and had no problems. Everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that we were able to provide an enjoyable experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Sayre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great locations and very good foods. Near gateway theater for movies and near battlefields for civil war learning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for 2 nights in July. The good- the hotel is very nice. We booked a room with 2 queen beds as we were traveling with our daughter. The room was very clean and plenty of room for all 3 of us. The not so good- the drapes do not cover the window so as soon as the sun comes up expect to be awake. Also, the bed is like sleeping on a board woke up with a sore back. The shower has half a door and not one shelf inside to put shampoo's body washes etc. finally the worse part which my family and I were looking forward to was the pool and whirlpool. The pool was cold not heated. The whirlpool had no bubbles at all. I was disappointed in the hotel and won't be staying again. On a happier note the food in the restaurant was good. They do offer a nice family style meal but they need 24 hours notice would have been nice knowing that before.

• Stayed July 2013
Sharon B, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to the experience we strive to create for our guests. One third of our rooms have tubs with a full shower door and our suites have full shower enclosures with elegant 5 shower heads. Please know that we take your feedback to heart and will be sure to follow-up on your concerns. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Been to Wyndham Gettysburg? Share your experiences!