“Very nice, elegant, clean and fresh!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Gettysburg, PA
“Very nice, elegant, clean and fresh!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

We live in Gettysburg but my husband wanted us to have a getaway for Mothers Day so he booked a suite for Saturday night. When we pulled up to the hotel a bellhop came and helped with our bags. Then a limosine pulled up and a bride got out and my 2 year old was so excited to see a "princess". When we got into the room we were amazed at the hallway. It was a large empty space but turned out perfect to keep our luggage etc out of the way. The living space was spacious with a flat screen TV and internet hookup and a sleep sofa. The bedroom was large and the bedding was so comfortable. Lots of pillows and some were soft and some were firm. There was a robe hanging in the closet which is a nice touch. They do not have balconys but the windows do open. The bathroom was amazing. The shower was as large as a handiacap bathroom stall. It had a blow dryer and a light up magnified mirror on the wall. I am tall and this mirror was a little high for me. They offer a great selection of bath products from Bath and Body works and I took the whole thing home! LOL. They also have a wet bar in the suite but no fridge. We ordered some room service for breakfast and it was expensive of course but it was good and didnt take long to get to us. This was impressive to me since they were having a special brunch for Mothers Day. The resturant in the hotel 1863 is really nice. I have eaten there before but you also have choices in front of the hotel of Girabaldis and Old Eagle Grill. I have reviewed both places, they are both good. The pool area of the hotel was nice and the water wasnt unbearably cold either. Hotel indoor pools always seem to be to cold to even enter but this was fine. The jaccuzzi area was large and clean, nothing floating and no overpowering chlorine smell. The workout area looked really nice and large with lots of equipment. When we checked out we called for a bellhop to load up our stuff and carry it down. He was young but he was so nice and asked us if we had a nice weekend and was very mature. Thats not the word I want but you know how when you go to a hotel and the staff is young and acts like you are in their way and ruining their time etc? All the staff here were very well dressed and so very nice and professional. Everyone should take a mini vacay in their own town and if you live here this is a really nice choice!!! I believe this suite cost $159 for a Saturday Night in May. Enjoy! PS: WEDDINGS: I want to say soemthing on this topic. I have attended a bridal show here and the hotel did an amazing job. The finger foods and sushi were great that the hotel did and the martinis were amazing. This would be a great place to consider for a wedding.

• Liked — Very Clean, Comfortable, and spacious.
  • Disliked — A fridge would have been nice..thats it
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Keisterville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

I have stayed here 3 times within the past year, most recently in April, and will be returning this weekend. The rooms are very clean, and the bedding is extremely comfortable. Although it is not within walking distance of Gettyburg's tourist area, it is a very short, easy drive to get to the battlefield, the new Visitor's Center, and other attractions.

The rooms have 27" flat-screen LCD TV's, free hi-speed internet, and safes big enough to hold a 17-inch laptop. The guest laundry room offers free use of the washers and dryers, and sells single load boxes of detergent.

Smokers should take note of the fact that this hotel offers smoking rooms...something that it's neighbor, Courtyard by Marriott, does not. (as all Marriott properties in the US are now non-smoking). Although I prefer a non-smoking room, last time I was there I requested a king bed, and only smoking was available. There was no noticeable odor in the room, and it was as clean as the non-smoking rooms I had on my 2 prior stays.

• Liked — Clean rooms with very comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Can't thing of any negatives!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
keisha99
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

My husband and I finally had an opportunity to visit Gettysburg and the new visitors center (which is fantastic, other than some lighting issues that i'm sure they'll work out).

From reading other reviews we had originally booked General Lees Quality Inn at a reasonable rate. However, an online search turned up a great deal at the Wyndham in Gettysburg. We were able to book a package that included breakfast for two for $99+ a night, easily 1/2 price!

The hotel complex (which includes another hotel, restaurants and a movie theater) is relatively new and in pristine condition. Our room had comfortable beds and linens. The bathroom was rather standard "smallish size" with a unique rain shower/glass enclosure and an adequate selection of toilitries.

The indoor pool even had a handicap seat/entrance and the hot tub was just the right temperature.

Service was very slow at the lounge, although when a second bartender came on duty; things looked improved.

The breakfast buffet was just average the first day. We ordered off the menu the second day and the fare was much better. We did try the Eagle Grill. The food was overpriced and not much better than Denny's quality. Menu was very limited and featured several different preps of calamari, not my favorite. I had a monte cristo, sadly just a grilled sandwich.

While the hotel was sold out with two different conventions; it was very quiet...at times it felt as though we were the only guests in the hotel.

While others have complained about the distance from Gettysburg tourist area, we found it easy to head south on I-15 two exits to the outlet area and a few minutes drive to the visitors center.

After driving past many of the other highly rated choice in the area, we were glad to have booked the Wyndham. Most seemed to be of the 60's motel genre as compared to a business class hotel. When we return to Gettysburg, the Wyndham will be our first choice.

• Liked — Professional, well-run hotel; very clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — barstaff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Natick, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

My family of four stayed at the Wyndham Gettysburg for one night in April. My only regret was that we were not able to stay longer. The check in was quick and easy. The woman at the front desk was polite, professional and helpful. She took the initiative to suggest some things to do in the area. The room was luxurious, spacious and spotlessly clean. We even had free internet access. Shortly after I checked into the room, I received a courtesy call from the front desk inquiring if I had everything I needed. My teenage son loved the pool. The pool seemed significantly cleaner then most of the other hotel pools I have seen through the years. The gym was also clean and had decent equipment. No, there wasn’t a free continental breakfast, but the room was priced way below what I would have expected for the high quality. I didn’t mind going down the street to eat breakfast elsewhere. I was after all staying at this hotel so I could see Gettysburg, not stay in the hotel all day. This was the best hotel I’ve stayed at in years.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — About 2 miles outside of downtown Gettysburg.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Bassett, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

If you are looking for an extremely comfortable bed and cleanliness then this is a place for you. Other that that, there is no HBO, Showtime, or any type of non commercial containing tv stations. Not even an option to rent movies. No complimentary coffee or breakfast. Was mysteriously checked out after day two of our six day stay. Was waken up on a Saturday morning by staff inquiring if we were checking out. We stated no and was given a free breakfast voucher for two for the interruption. Problems with checkout. The bill was not correct. They charged me three days instead of six. I found the receptionist rude when I made it known that I owed more. I ended up with a three part receipt and was told that I would have to come back at 9, if I wanted it on one sheet. I explained that I had to leave (going back to Virginia) and received a rather "not my problem" look. I don't think I will ever stay at this hotel due to its lack of warmth and personality.

• Liked — Comfortable bed and very clean
  • Disliked — No complimentary fresh coffee or breakfast, No non commercial containing TV
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

I decided to stay at the Wyndham Gettysburg for my trip to Gettysburg.. well, that was a big mistake. It was awful. I ended up leaving to go to the Courtyard next door where I found a much more friendly and upscale environment. The courtyard was modern. The Wyndham was... unwelcoming. The people at the desk were unfriendly. I asked for directions and simply got a "here you go" with no explanation. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

After researching hotels in the Gettysburg area, we came across this nice hotel. Being a By Request Member, it saved us time on checking in and out, as well as provided little perks for staying with them.
Upon checking in we discovered that we were on the second floor of the hotel. While we had hoped to be on a higher floor, this did not pose an issue as we were away from the elevators, and thought we would not have any issues. However, our room was near the end of the hall and right next to the stairway. Being on the second floor this was used ALOT! On our first night there, it was very noisy and we had horrific young neighbors, who prided themselves on staying up until the wee hours of the morning. We can we do??? We decided to ignore this as this truely did not represent the clientel that was staying at this hotel. But, by Saturday early evening, it again progressed into what I nicely called, a spring break type of theme. I promptly called the office, and explained the situation. I almost was horrified to find the hotel was booked full ........ Until the nice lady at the front desk informed me that they had a room that was out of service for a lighting issue, and she would check on how quickly it would have been fixed. Within 20 minutes we were in our new room. I was pleasantly suprised to find how quickly the staff addressed our issue. They even had someone bring us our new key and assist us to the new room. For the price of this hotel, and the minor issue of one rude neighbor, they treated us as if we were in a five star hotel. That should tell you something in itself!
As for the accomodations, rooms were clean and comfy, and again, being a request member, they had a fruit plate waiting for us in our room. We also had a few drinks at the lobby bar. Again, very attentive staff!
I highly recommend the Old Eagle Grill next door for some great dining,with little to no wait, and reasonable prices.
We also took part in The Farnsworth House Ghost Walk combo. For $8 per person, this was a highlite of our trip to Gettysburg!!
Overall, the service and people of Gettysburg, and this hotel were so genuine and accomdating, I look forward to going back in the fall!!

• Liked — The Beds and HDTV's
  • Disliked — Noisy Neighbor
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Wyndham Gettysburg? Share your experiences!