“Best bed and breakfast in town!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cricket House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cricket House
Save Saved
You added Cricket House to your Saves list
162 East Middle Street, Gettysburg, PA   |
Ranked #19 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
“Best bed and breakfast in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

You couldn't ask for a better location or nicer host. The Cricket House is less than 50 yards from the battlefield trail and a quick walk to the square. The owner is one of the nicest people I've met and will do anything to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. The house is clean and nicely furnished with one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on. This will always be my first choice for lodging when visiting Gettysburg.

• Stayed September 2012

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have NEVER stayed in a more perfect place, ... EVER!!! Debi, the owner, was so helpful and accommodating from the moment the reservations were made until check out. Our family felt so comfortable in the Cricket House. It is absolutley charming and spotless!! We loved the location, right next to the Culp's Hill entrance road. This was the perfect spot for our daughters to run, jog, walk and ride bikes. We were able to walk to eat, sight see and shop. The house had very comfortable beds and luxurious linens. We all slept like babies! The house had plently of room for our family to read, play board games and watch a movie. The steam shower and jacuzzi tubs made us feel like royalty! The kitchen was perfect for all of our eating needs. We absolutley cannot wait to go back and enjoy the charming back yard, (in the spring /summer). We thank Debi for our perfect get away!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Deborah G, Owner at Cricket House, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I would also like to say that meeting you, your husband and the girls, was a true blessing. What a remarkable story you shared about your family. I look forward to your return.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and I love the Cricket House and all the amenities it offers! It is so convenient to everything, but more importantly, offers delightful charm and comfort at a wonderful price! Deb was most accommodating in all ways to ensure our happiness during our time at the Cricket House. I would highly recommend this property for a rental!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for a girls weekend, it was better than amazing!! Debi is the best hostess ever!
Great outdoor patio for a happy hour. Walking distance to downtown restaurants and pubs. Great kitchen for a bloody mary and omelette breakfast. The sleeping accomodations were great and the steam shower much appreciated! We had such a relaxing and fun time! Will definetely stay here again, and again!
Hate to give it just 5 stars when it is a 10 star establishment!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I felt pampered, safe, relaxed and healed after an all-too-short weekend at The Cricket House. Everything lent itself to a feeling of serenity: the owner Debi's kind, welcoming demeanor, the historic yet updated feel of the property, the infrared sauna, Reflexology, Jacuzzi, Thai massage....ahhh. I love to walk, and the battlefields were literally across the street; I love to shop and eat, and the stores and restaurants in the main square in downtown Gettysburg were within easy walking distance. This B&B is my favorite because it is a separate home - the owner lives in the main house, and my friend and I could enjoy the garden and space of The Cricket House as we pleased. While it was just the two of us this time, I can see how families could easily stay here, too, because there is plenty of space. This was a lovely visit, I hope to be back to The Cricket House soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
WOODBURY , CT. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family and I have stayed at Cricket House many times. It has the best location, amenities and charm of any Gettysburg location. Add to this the warmth and friendliness of Deb & Barney; the former always happy to help with restaurant ideas & area attractions, the latter a delightful Cavalier tolerate and sweet to children. Don't miss this treasure!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Long Valley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The house is located in a prime spot but completely private and safe. We are a family of four with two small children. We have stayed in all of the hotels and find them accomodating. But not the same or even comparable. The kids color in the garden, rest on the back porch and cool off inside before we take our walks. The feeling of comfort and being cared for is top notch. I can even see a business man staying there. It is truly a home away from home feeling. The owner, Deb, is a great host and a successful business woman. She understands how to meet her guests needs in every way. We really enjoy the home as if it were ours for the weekend. The trip is always simple and easy. Which is never the case with little kids. I didn't comment on the decor or beautiful style of the house because the photos show it well. I wanted to shared what it feels like to stay there. Our review would be A+

Room Tip: There are two large bedrooms that would make anyone comfortable. We have come to our little getaway...