“Engaging, Entertaining and a whole lotta fun! Gettysbike Tours!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 43 Activities in Gettysburg
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pelham, New Hampshire, United States
“Engaging, Entertaining and a whole lotta fun! Gettysbike Tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My wife and I took our 12 and 9 1/2 year old sons to Gettysburg over Columbus Day Weekend. We booked the Gettysbike Tours. This was definitely the most engaging, entertaining tour I have ever taken. You get to see this historical location from a totally different perspective than most tours. Bruce, our tour guide, was a wealth of knowledge and kept the entire tour group entertained. The bikes were in great shape and made the experience pleasurable. I totally recommend Gettysbike Tours! You will learn a lot and get some exercise!

Visited October 2011

“Great way to see and learn the history of the battle of Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011 via mobile

We called to book a tour on Tuesday when they normally do not offer the battleground tour we were hoping for. Kelly was very sweet and said she would call the tour guides too see if any were available. She called back soon after to say that Bruce was nice enough totale us out. We met them on Tuesday and received a personal tour from Bruce. He very informative and friendly. We learned more than we ever did in history class and got a good workout in the process. We would highly reccomend this bike tour to all ages. Thanks again to Bruce, Bob, and Kelly for coming through to make our trip a memorable one!

Malvern, Pennsylvania
“The tour guide was fantastic and the biking was ok if you were in pretty good bike shape.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The tour guide, Bob, was the best guide I have ever seen. My wife and I have been on many tours but this was the best from a historical standpoint. He actually went past the regular 4 hours and made it 5 and went throughout the park. We probably covered between 13 and 15 miles, and some of it was not easy, but very worthwhile. The better bike shape you are in the more you will enjoy the trip. Make sure you bring water and a snack, granola bar or something, even though he handed out some on the trip.

Visited September 2011
minnesota
9 attraction reviews
“Fun Tour - but select your tour carefully”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We selected the four-hour bike tour of the battlefield and learned so much from our tour guide Bob! It was a wonderful way to experience the national park and really appreciate the topography. Bob was attentive and knowledgeable. I couldn't have asked for a better guide. Kelly was great as well and they give their customers a first rate experience.

A couple of tips - think twice about the longer tour if you haven't spent much time on a bike in a while. Our tour went over the alloted time by an hour (Bob did check to make sure everyone could stay) and, boy, my butt was sore for a good day afterward. Sitting on a bike seat for 5 hours might be something to work toward more than try in one shot. Also, the route is hilly in places and the hills are more like loooong upward slopes. After a while, the hills get to be a drag and I found myself working harder than I might have liked. You also go slow often, which is almost harder than riding faster and getting to coast a bit. There are some downward spots, but you find yourself braking through those due to other bikers. I'm a 42 year old female who works in an office. I walk for exercise several times a week and would consider myself in average shape. I was huffing at several points and considered the ride a real work out. Again, probably my own fault for selecting the long trek, but something to keep in mind. My teenage daughter, who spends more time on Facebook than exercising, quit at about 3 hours in. I consider these things my own fault for being overly ambitious. But I hope this helps you as you plan your trip on GettysBike. And do plan one. They're one of the best things to do in Gettysburg.

Visited August 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect way to experience the battlefield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Bikes are a fantastic way to "feel" the terrain, and Bob is an amazing guide. You wear a headset while you ride, and Bob is narrating as you go. It's great. He not only develops the layout and events, but he goes into the strategy, the mistakes, and best of all, the personalities of the military leaders on both sides. He really brings it to life for you, painting a picture of what it would have been like to be there. My son and I had a fantastic time, and would highly recommend this. An obvious comment probably, but you need to be fit and comfortable on a bike to really enjoy this. The terrain is quite hilly.

Visited August 2011

Been to GettysBike Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage GettysBike Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.