“nice theater” 5 of 5 stars

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“nice theater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This a restored 1925 theater they show independent movies. Most of these movies don't get shown in the multi plexes. They also have live shows and show the Met opera on the big screen on the main auditorium.

Visited November 2013

Baltimore, MD
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lovely Restored Theater!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Gorgeous old restored theater in the heart of Gettysburg. I come here with my husband to catch the latest showings of the Met Live in HD performances in their main theater area. So wonderful, its almost like I'm actually AT the opera! There is a small cafe in the theater that is not bad either, if you want a small salad to perk you up during intermission. The Majestic is truly beautifully renovated, great job on bringing back all the ambiance of the theater age!

Visited June 2013
Elkins, West Virginia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Great live theater bargain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I happened to be visiting Gettysburg on opening night of Gettysburg College's production of "A Chorus Line" a show that I've seen in professional productions at least five times over the years. I was hesitant to attend an amateur production. I'm one who will walk out of a show if it has a weak cast. Wanting something to do that I couldn't do if I were at home, I decided to pay the $17 and attend their production. I'm happy to report that the college students did an outstanding job with the play. I laughed at the shows humourous moments and sang along in my mind with the songs as my toes tapped to the music. It was a delightful evening. I'm glad I went. If I lived in the area, I would definitely attend other Gettysburg College performances along with the national touring shows.

The theater has been beautifully restored and probably has no really bad seat in its auditorium. Besides the stage for live performances, there are two movie theaters that show independent and foreign films contained within the building. So, if you're in Gettysburg and want something to do in the evening, by all means check out what is playing at the Majestic Theater.

Visited November 2013
Northern NJ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A gem in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Gettysburg College bought the place and did a fantastic job renovating the place. If you are town when the theatre is hosting a speaker, etc then definitely add a visit to your list of activities.

Visited October 2013
Washington, DC
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We saw a smaller film in the small #2 cinema. The ticket sales people were very nice, and the room was adequate, if not large. Entire audience stayed to watch all the credits roll, a surprise. Must have been show people.

Visited October 2013