“Good value for money spent” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
South Plainfield
“Good value for money spent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night of Saturday, November 9, 2013 at the Courtyard Marriott in Gettysburg. Was able to get a room with my AAA discount and it was definitely worth the money spent. Although I do prefer to stay right in the heart of town this was only a short drive away from all of the action that Gettysburg offers (about 10 minutes).

The room (king size bed) was average in size (which was just fine....we only spent one night) and the bed was very comfortable. Most importantly to me, because I am very picky, was that the bathroom was very clean. I travel only on occasion so when I do, I have the tendency to spend a little more to have a better quality hotel. I have been to other hotels and have paid around the same amount of money as the Courtyard, if not more, and have not been pleased with the cleanliness of the bathroom. With the Courtyard Marriott in Gettysburg I have to say I really have no complaints at all.

The girl at the front desk who checked me in was very nice and hospitable. There is plenty of parking outside either set of doors that you can take to get into the hotel. The only wish that I would have is some type of free breakfast offered, even if it were to be some type of muffins, fruit, and bagels. They do have coffee in the lobby area available 24 hours, which was a nice feature, however some of the other hotels right in the heart of town that were cheaper in price offered a free continental breakfast (they were booked full which is why I stayed at the Courtyard). However, I will say that there are plenty of places in the area where you can get food if needed, whether it is a fast food or a sit-down restaurant. There is a convenience store just a few minutes away from the hotel that offers already made or made-to-order items. We ended up going there a few times during our stay.

Overall I have no complaints at all and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave such a great review! We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, so we are thrilled to hear that we met your expectations for cleanliness. I hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in Gettysburg.

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed in the courtyard for a weekend trip to Gettysburg. It was about a five minute drive from town and very nicely kept. I liked that it was out of town because it was quiet at night. It was clean and updated. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of parking. I choose the courtyards because they are consistent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We are thrilled you had a great stay in our clean, comfortable rooms. I hope you'll come stay at our hotel again soon!
Marlow, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here for two nights to visit Gettysburg National Park. The hotel is on the edge of town and does not have a restaurant but there are plenty of places within a short drive. It feels new and our room was clean and comfortable and good value for money. Nice pool and hot tub and we would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your wonderful comment, and hope you'll be back again soon!
Near Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Easy check-in, clean and comfortable rooms, good breakfast buffet, so-so fitness center. Not the best location because you have to drive to get anywhere. Caters to tourists and visitors to Gettysburg College.

Room Tip: You can pick a room with a parking lot view or a parking lot view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us, we pride ourselves in our clean, comfortable accommodations. I am thrilled to say we will be getting new exercise equipment in early 2014. Also, for future reference, there is a transit service run by the borough that will take you from our hotel's complex to the downtown area that is free of charge. Hope you'll come see us again!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here in August and was very surprised how I was treated at check in. Very curt and I had to ask questions about info that is usually explained to you at check in. Visited again last week, same cold experience at check in by an older woman. There was no acknowledgement that I am a Marriott Elite member or that I was visiting again. I have never had such an uncomfortable check in at a Marriott property. Just asked for a credit card and gave me my key. There is no excuse for this especially since there was no one else around. Only area we found any welcome and smiles was during breakfast. Those women running the kitchen & seating area are wonderful!
Breakfast is good but the furniture in the eating area is absolutely disgusting. The top of the fabric chairs is so dirty that the fabric is blackened! All the furniture in this area is beyond worn and needs replacing.
It's too bad the experience isn't more welcoming since the location and rooms are good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and that the service at breakfast was excellent. I truly apologize for the service you received at check-in. We appreciate all dedicated rewards members returning to our hotel, and I can assure you this issue will be addressed by myself and our Front Office Manager.

In regards to the chairs in the Cafe area, I am thrilled to say that as of today we have replaced the worn ones with brand new chairs. We hope that should you return to the Gettysburg area, you will give us another chance to provide you with excellent service and a smile!
Berlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with our church for our couple's retreat. It is a beautiful hotel. Very clean! The layout of the rooms was awkward. Good for watching TV on the couch, but not on the bed. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was delicious! One negative- not pet friendly:(. But the Wyndham next door is! Found that out as we were leaving. All around great hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the great review! We pride ourselves on room cleanliness and the friendliness of our staff. Hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in Gettysburg!
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here last Saturday during a driving tour of historical sites in Virginia and Pennsylvania.

The hotel is on the outskirts of Gettysburg, away from the main mass of retail parks, so is very quiet. The downside is that there is not much choice for restaurants. I believe there is a shuttle bus into town, which would be very useful when it's busy and impossible to find parking spaces.

The room and bathroom were good, with a sofa bed by the window. There was free Wi-Fi, but it was intermittent. The bed dipped a little in the middle, unfortunately. There is a choice of simple continental or cooked breakfasts.

This would be a good choice for anyone visiting Gettysburg. I would have given it a four stars but for being charged more on my credit card (after leaving) than the amount stated on the final receipt/invoice at checkout.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our rooms and our convenient location. In regards to your bill, if you feel you were charged incorrectly, please feel free to call the hotel directly at (717)334-5600 and ask for our Front Office Manager. We would be happy to resolve any errors for you.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg? Share your experiences!