“Its your choice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Millbrook
“Its your choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here Apr 20-22 for a visit to the battlefields of Gettysburg. We checked in 2 hrs early, and we were upgraded to a LARGE 1 br suite as a gold rewards member. The staff member at check in was very helpful and pleasant, as were all of the staff we ran into. Fridge, mwave, free wifi. Not bad exercise room. Whirlpool was not working, just as well as there was sand in the corners of it, but then, you wouldnt normally use a hotel whirlpool anyway, right? Restaurant next door at the Wyndym, but other than that you had to drive for a meal, or eat in town. Property is 3 miles from town which can be good or bad. Do not stay here if you like the night life as there are NO taxis in Gettysburg, and the Freedom Bus that the town provides (free btw, every hour on the 1/2 hour) has the last pick up at 7 pm from the centre of town, drop off at 730 at the hotel. Stay here if after a day exploring you have had enough of the crowds. Within 5 miles of the 70 store Outlet mall. I think on our next trip to the area we will stay close to town, probably a b and b. It just seemed like we spent too much time behind the wheel, but this is not the hotels fault. It is a nice property and worthy of a Courtyard. You choose, busy spot downtown, or take a breath and stay here. And with the 150th this year, Gtown will be a zoo, and an expensive one. That is why went now.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Marriott Courtyard in Gettysburg, PA is DIRTY and there is NO BISTRO.

I checked in last night and found my room to be dirty, the headboard, desk, tv, wall, mini-refrigerator, bathroom flooring- all dirty.

I asked the girl at the front desk this morning to please tell housekeeping that I need the room cleaned properly and I wanted the pink (Listeria) mold and black mold cleaned from the bathroom floor --- got back in to the hotel this evening and guess what.... NOT DONE.

What is up with NO EVENING FOOD SERVICE, I was under the impression that the lobby in a courtyard had a thing called THE BISTRO, I was looking forward to getting a salad, or a simple sandwich, but NO BISTRO.

I find it hard to believe that Marriott allows this place to display their name.

NOT HAPPY.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Standard Courtyard fare - clean room, basic amenities. The mattress needs to be upgraded. Genuinely cheerful service. Breakfast is available but better options are nearby. The location on the outskirts of town can be a minus (you have to drive to all the attractions and find parking) or a plus (you can escape the mind-numbing crowds and have space to breathe).

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall this is a pleasant and clean hotel property. Unfortunately when I stay here for 1 night in Sept 2012 I was placed in room 508, which is directly beneath a massive ventilation unit on the roof. The unit emitted a constant loud droning noise. I called the front desk to ask for a different room but was told the hotel was full.

Because of the noise, room 508 should be avoided. It was annoying to listen to the noise, and sleeping was difficult. But for the noise, I would recommend this hotel if you do not mind the isolated location. This hotel is in an area with another hotel and a multiplex movie theater. There is no much else in the immediate walking area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were on quick family getaway to Gettysburg and could not get into the Wyndham next door so Expedia recommended the Courtyard Marriott. I was very pleased with price, hot buffet breakfast and cleanliness of the hotel. My children loved the pool and late hours of the facilities. Front desk staff was very friendly, helpful, room was cleaned early and buffet was good. My only complaint was the 4 tour buses that arrived on our last night causing major issues with breakfast in the morning. Management should address this with a separate room or notice to those non tour guests that breakfast will have major delays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed a night in the Marriott in our recent trip to Gettysburg--we have stayed there in the past. The room was comfortable, and plenty of pillows were supplied at our request. It is an attractive hotel, coffee available for early risers (a major advantage for us!) The disadvantage: it was a bit noisy, both from a humming noise that sounded like air-conditioning (even though ours was off) and other guests. Would probably return -- we generally travel with our dog, and this is not a pet-friendly hotel, so a disadvantage for us. This particular trip we were with friends, and dog-less so it worked out OK.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Twinsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I had business in Hanover and got a room here for the night. I'm glad I did... Very convenient, clean and quiet. I arrived late and they went out of their way to keep the Bistro open, (I really needed a beer after that ride,) and make me something to eat. The staff really get business travelers.

Stayed January 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg? Share your experiences!