“Such a charming, tranquil respite!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cornerstone Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cornerstone Farm Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Cornerstone Farm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
305 Crooked Creek Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Bethesda, Maryland
“Such a charming, tranquil respite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a fantastic find, one to which we can return whenever we need a break from the madness! Allie and John have 100 acres of rolling farmland here just outside of Gettysburg. This small B&B has everything expected, furnished so tastefully, with delicious breakfasts. Allie and John are kind and hospitable, and willing to chat and advise as much, or as little, as you wish.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Cornerstone Farm is a short drive west of Gettysburg, and it's a wonderful peaceful place to leave the hustle and bustle behind. We were so glad we didn't stay in town, as there were lots of people out quite late. Allie greeted us and gave us the tour and provided dinner advice. We stayed in the Log Cabin Room -- as others have mentioned, the bed is so high it has steps! It has a lovely shower and was very clean. Downstairs there are bottles of water both on top of an inside a mini-fridge for your temperature preference. Breakfast by Daniel was delicious and beautiful, and best of all, not too heavy and always with fruit and vegetables available. We would definitely stay here again and recommend Cornerstone to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife completely surprised me on our 40th wedding anniversary with an absolutely fantastic weekend at the Cornerstone Farm Bed and Breakfast. We live close to Gettysburg and visit quite often. This is the first time we didn’t drive home at the end of the day. Cornerstone Farm is a beautifully kept working horse farm in the countryside just five minutes from the battlefield and downtown Gettysburg. The B&B section, while quite new, blends seamlessly into the historic home and surroundings. Our Host, Alice was very gracious and welcoming!
We stayed in the Lincoln Room. This room had a balcony overlooking fields and horse pastures. It was a perfect spot for our morning coffee or evening glass of wine.
Our breakfasts were far beyond ordinary. During our stay, we were served a combination of sweet and savory dishes each morning. Daniel, the farms’ chef, prepared an exceptional egg and grilled white asparagus dish with hollandaise sauce accompanied by a fruit/chocolate scone.
I highly recommend availing yourself of the battlefield horseback tour. I have never ridden a horse before, so that in itself was an experience. The Cornerstone tour guide is first, a Certified Battlefield Tour Guide, and second, a Civil War Calvary re-enactor. We rode the periphery of Pickets Charge. Our guide’s enthusiasm and knowledge of the battle and the unique perspective of being on horseback made for an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
sharon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Cornerstone Farm Bed and Breakfast is a great place to begin your adventure in Gettysburg, PA. Allie, the owner, was very helpful in the planning stages of my trip. She gave me helpful hints and suggestions on which websites to visit for more information on the area and the names of restaurants she felt we would enjoy. She also was very amenable to switching dates and times of my visit to accommodate my party of six.
When we arrived around 6 pm, we were pleased to see the B&B was away from town ( 5-7 min. drive) and down a long winding road, hence the name Crooked Creek Road. The main house sits on 104 beautiful acres and houses 17 horses on the property. Each of the 4 rooms is impeccably decorated with its own theme. I stayed in the Lincoln Room, which is on the second floor, along with 2 other rooms. It has a welcoming deck off of sliding doors overlooking the property. Unfortunately, it rained the day we would have been able to enjoy it, but the view was spectacular despite the inclement weather.
Another couple from our party stayed in the Log Cabin room, which I think was actually my favorite. The bed is so high that a step stool is needed to get into it.This room faces out the front of the house. All of the rooms are spacious with closets, but our room did not have a lot of cabinet storage space. It wasn't a problem for our 2 night stay and since the closet had plenty of hanging space, it worked out fine. The bathrooms in all of the rooms are updated and include either jacuzzi tubs with showers or showers and tubs.
Breakfast is served each morning at 8:30 am, unless you have an event taking place earlier in the day and Allie will adjust the time. Daniel, our chef, served a delicious breakfast each morning consisting of fruit, eggs and toast prepared differently each day and delicious coffee cakes. Tea is available all day in the dining area which overlooks the grounds with its huge bay windows.
One thing not to miss is the Licensed Battlefield Guided tour on horseback. Allie, and her husband John, use their own perfectly trained horses for this ride. We met John at the specified area we were given a quick, but detailed lesson on how to ride in a safe and natural manner. Our licensed tour guide was very informative and animated as she took us down the same paths as the generals and soldiers who rode on the battlefield before us. It was quite a moving experience and one not to be missed!
If you plan on visiting Gettysburg within the next year, I suggest you make your reservations at Cornerstone Farm now, because Allie and John will soon be turning it into a respite for veterans and their families. They will be offering therapeutic horseback riding and other healing activities to help those families who have served our country. If you want to know about the warmth at Cornerstone Farm, that says it all!

Room Tip: If you would like a deck overlooking the property, choose the Lincoln room on the second floor. For...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Cornerstone farm in April 2013, visiting the battlefields of Gettysburg with all the monuments. We were greeted by Allie personally at the door. We stayed in the Lincoln Room overlooking the quiet, Pennsylvania countryside with the horses grazing in the pasture. I would highly recommend their guided horseride tour of the batttefield in the same place as General Pickett's charge at the Union Army on 3 July 1863. The breakfasts were wonderful, so much that I gain a couple of pounds. My wife and I enjoyed the personal company of Allie and her husband for some wine and cheese plus a little accordion music provided by us. It is always good to met new people as the other guests arrive. We were provided a free audio guide for the battlefield which you can use in your car. We will be back. Viele Dank, Merci Beaucoup, thanks alot
Fred & Beth I. From Iowa

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Where do I even begin? I get dreamy-eyed just remembering our time at Cornerstone Farm B&B. We spent two nights at this lovely hidden gem and had a wonderful time. The B&B is set about a mile back from the main road, which gives you the perfect chance to truly escape into the countryside. Green, open pastures, bright sunshine, and even a few friendly bunnies greet you as you pull up to the big, white farmhouse, which is warm and welcoming at first sight thanks to the candles and lanterns that Allie has going on the walkway and in the windows. The house is beautiful and the grounds are breath-taking. Allie greeted us when we arrived and gave us the tour of the guest living space, which is lovely--a big fireplace in the living room, a spacious dining room with a large bay window, and everything is beautifully decorated. We stayed in the Charleston Room, which was cozy, clean, and romantic. It was also at the back of the house, so we had a view of the countryside when we woke up each morning. Breakfasts were very tasty--chef Daniel whipped up some delicious creations for us, and his presentation of the food was excellent. Allie comes into the dining room near the end of breakfast to chat with her guests, which is a really nice part of staying at a B&B. The location of Cornerstone is perfect--only a few miles from the main tourist attractions in Gettysburg. It's nice to be able to be with the tourists during the day but retreat to a more tranquil setting in the evenings. One night, we were the only couple staying overnight, so we had the place to ourselves. We lit the fire (gas! so easy to use), I made myself a cup of tea, and we sat on the couch and relaxed watching TV; it was just as comfortable as being at home. We also decided to do the Farm's Battlefield Horseback Tour one morning, which was an excellent experience. (Allie's husband, John, runs the horseback riding business.) We had a 1.5 hour ride with a knowledgeable and friendly guide, and the horses were easy-going and fun to ride. This experience was certainly a highlight of our trip.

Overall, our time at Cornerstone was exactly what we had been looking for when we booked our vacation in Gettysburg. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Charleston Room is great, though it does not have a TV. I'm not sure if any of the bedrooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I booked this B & B to surprise my wife on our wedding day. Allie made special arrangements so we could arrive in the evening. One of my major concerns was making sure that there was no strawberries or dairy to be served in our breakfast due to my wife's allergies. She assured me there would be no problem in that. When we arrived there was a lantern lit outside and the main room had the fireplace lit and Allie took us for a tour of the house. She showed us how to use the fireplaces (main room, and our room Lincoln).

Sunday morning Daniel made us a wonderful breakfast I'm sorry to say it was so good by the time we thought of taking a picture of it we had it all eaten. We wouldn't make that mistake Monday morning. We had toast topped with asparagus, sliced cherry tomatoes, mint leaves, and poached eggs. Oh my god this was so yummy. The cranberry juice was refreshing. The fruit each day was delicious and fresh. The apple puff pastry and cherry cobbler was unbelievable.

While sitting at the table Sunday morning Allie took time out of her schedule to find us a church that we could go to. We booked a horseback tour from the farm as well. John showed us before we started how to handle these specific horses. This was the first time I ever been on a horse and I absolutely loved it. Gambler made me look like a pro. She was very calm as were the rest of the horses on the battlefield tour. Our park guide was very knowledgeable and made the tour very interesting. We been to Gettysburg numerous times but this tour gives you a whole knew perspective.

This B&B is out of the busy inner town of Gettysburg but close enough to enjoy it after a few minute drive. In the evenings it is so peaceful sitting outside watching the birds and rabbits. You can't help but to feel relaxed there.

As we were leaving the place Allie took pictures of us inside and outside the place. John and Allie wished us a safe journey back home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cornerstone Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!