“Best value in Gettysburg” 4 of 5 stars

You added Colton Motel to your Saves list
Colton Motel
232 Steinwehr Avenue, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
“Best value in Gettysburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

So close to everything we need. Cost is great, very clean.staff is great. We will return again soon. Next time will enjoy the pool! Service is wonderful, friendly family atmosphere. Made us feel at home.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Conveniently located. Decor and bathroom needs to be updated. Great ice machine and pastries in the am. Would probably spend the extra bucks next time to stay somewhere else even if it requires driving further to get to visitors center

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kingston, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Okay to save a few bucks, But the pillows are old and lumpy (should have brought my own), some of the lights in the room did not work and the floor of the shower was so flimsy, it moved while you were showering. Cleanliness of the room and bath was questionable and we were placed in a room next to the laundry. Dryer ran half the night. The location was excellent...near the battlefield and restaurants and in walking distance of shops.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Probably just her personality, but owner was sarcastic. Her son, however, was very polite. She refused to give AAA discount, claiming it was Expedia's responsibility and not hers (She did not explain why). Rooms seemed clean, but all furniture was VERY worn and outdated. Bumped my leg on bed frame that was sticking out in several places. She told me to call if I needed anything, but room did not have a phone! (didn't even have a clock!) When I inquired, I was told that something was wrong with the wiring, and a phone could not be installed in my room. (no other rooms were available). In addition, after playing television for about an hour, my family and I smelled burning. (Part of the bad wiring?) I requested a cot (Expedia told me it was included, but owner said, No..). After paying an extra $10 per night, we were given a cot frame with material covering a bunch of springs!. We had to take it upon ourselves to pad it using two comforters folded to resemble an actual mattress. Was told it included a continental breakfast. Huh!!! Wasn't told about that at check-in. Since there was no dining area, I doubt that it existed.

Room Tip: Owner's young son was eager to assist and was very polite. Room was clean. Was within walking...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Easy walk to shops and cemetery. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean and well-maintained. Staff was very friendly. Fresh danish and coffee in the office each morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I traveled through Gettysburg and stayed at the Colton. My only qualm was the price. Granted it was in late May and I travelled alone, so it made sense that it was higher. All in all, the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I was able to walk to most museums in that area

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Colton Motel this past May with our two small children, which was their first trip to Gettysburg and it was fantastic. The room was super clean, the bathroom was spotless, as was the rest of the room and the staff was extremely friendly and hospitable. The motel is right in the center of town which made it so easy for us, with a double stroller, we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see : ) Also, the price for the room was awesome!! We loved it so much, we are staying there again next month when we visit Gettysburg with my sister and her family. I just made the reservations this morning : ) Highly recommend!!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Colton Motel? Share your experiences!