“Awesome!!” 5 of 5 stars

232 Steinwehr Avenue, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #24 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Staff has gone out of their way to make sure we are comfortable! Came in with my two brothers,figured i could use a roll out bed,but the mgr gave us a room with three beds at the same price as two ( one brother decided to come at the last minute ) rooms were clean,rugs shampooed and cleaning staff very friendly,courteous.location is great,i would recommend staying here to anyone,also price is great! Not the newest place,but really worth it!

• Stayed June 2012

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

The staff were very polite and courteous. The room is extremly comfortable. Is also in a great location in gettysburg. Very pleased with service.

• Stayed June 2012
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed with my husband and kids. Everything is within walking distance. We were right across from a historic cemetery. Restaurants and reenactment were right next door. The motel has its own haunted past. Great friendly staff. The rooms were very clean. Great times!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Girardville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Me and My husband and son and a few friends stayed here in Oct.2011.and we loved it.We were able to walk every where.The rooms were cleaned every day.We could not find anything wrong with this place.We have booked another weekend getaway here.We can't wait to come back.The old workers were very friendly and hopefully with it being under new ownership,they are the same.Really enjoyed ourselves here.Had such a terrific time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Gananoque, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

As a frequent visitor (14) to Gettysburg, I always stayed at the Colton. Time to move on. The rooms are shabby and other than a coat of paint haven't been upgraded in year. Our room had one small chair, and had none of the amenities you usually find today. The price was way to much for what you get. For $15 more the Quality Inn next door is fully up to date with an indoor pool. Sad to see a once nice property go downhill.

Room Tip: Go next door
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Painesville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My brother and I stayed here at the begining of August.. It's a good location but..Skate boarding kids were skating in the parking lot, and playing catch (which is cool but not in the middle of the day when people are coming and going)..doors were left open , everything seemed very unprofessional. And our room was not good...bed needs to be replaced, update the batroom a little. The doors on both the bathroom and front door (keys) didn't work right and the housekeeper had trouble with it too.. We left our stuff in the vanf for fear of not being able to get back in... True you get what you pay for.. I would not recommend staying here, I will be asking the AAA about why the rated this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are subject to chance..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
chostetter, Manager at Colton Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
While reading your recent review of the Colton Motel I was very disappointed by the fact that you were not fully satisfied with your stay with us. Please be advised that we are listening to your feedback and have recently replaced all door locks that were giving our guests problems. While we are a family oriented property in the future we will take the necessary steps to ensure the safety of all guests by suggesting the local recreation park (located two blocks from us, and even has a skate park) for children to play. Our goal here at the Colton Motel is to provide clean, comfortable, and affordable accommodations to our guests. Your feedback will help us improve our services, and provide our future guests with the hospitality expectations they deserve!! If there is anything you forgot to mention in your review please contact us with your suggestions.

Colton Motel Management
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The motel is a typical 1960s/70s motel. Some of the items in the rooms are a bit old, but everything worked. My rooms were comfortable and neat. The price is very reasonable for tourist season. Everything is within walking distance.

All the staff were friendly and helpful during my time there.

On my most recent trip, I ended up staying three extra nights due to circumstances beyond my control. The staff (especially Krystal and Trey) were very helpful and went above and beyond during this time. Krystal made sure I had a room for each other those extra nights even though it was during the busy tourist season. Trey even did my laundry, so I would have enough clean clothes to get through those extra days. The two of them helped me find a mechanic to work on my car. Two of the staff (Trey and Richard) took a look at my car, to try to diagnose what was wrong.

Off topic--One of the other reviews mentioned hearing cannon one night. I heard the "ghost" cannon on my first night there two years ago. I personally don't believe in ghost cannon (I visit the town because of my interest in the Ciil War, not because of a belief in ghosts), and am of the opinion that those sounds are created by the living to help keep the Gettysburg Ghost Tourism alive and well in town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Colton Motel? Share your experiences!