Great Hilton Garden Inn. Every employee was very friendly and helpful and I would give them six "stars" if it were possible. It is a newer hotel (I'm guessing less than 2 years) in an area full of newer chain hotels, shopping plazas, and movie theater. We found everything very clean although I find the new bedding (found in all lower priced Hilton brands it seems) just too soft for me. That's not the Garden Inn's fault. The hotel is at most a five minute drive to downtown, historic Gettysburg and 7 minutes to the battlefield visitor's center. I only gave it 4 marks for location because if you are expecting to step out your door and be in area full of antique and touristy shops, that won't happen here. However, it is such a short, easy ride to the downtown, I don't find location an issue. I took one mark off for value because the price for the breakfast seemed high. I booked a room rate that included breakfast, which, because there were four of us, saved us about 2/3 of what the cost for breakfast would've been. Also, the pool area and pool were small (which seems to be a trend in newer chain hotels.) There are only 5 chairs for parents to watch their kids and I think that is about all that would fit in the space. A sign said that the pool could hold (I think) 22 people and we laughed because 22 adults would have to stand side by side to all fit. I didn't use it, but the hot tub seemed to have a very weak flow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg hotel in Pennsylvania is located in the heartland of American freedom with historical sights, museums and just minutes from the Gettysburg Battlefield and National Park Visitor Center. Other venues, also close to the Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg in Pennsylvania, include the Gettysburg College, Boyds Bear Factory, Gettysburg Village Factory Outlets, and antique shops. The hotel is just 15 miles to UTZ and Snyder's Snack Outlets with Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary and Mount Saint Mary's College nearby. The hotel is a great central location for Pennsylvania cities and attractions. York, Harrisburg and Hershey Lancaster, DC, and Baltimore are nearby cities all with attractions for the Pennsylvania visitor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Gettysburg