“September 2012 trip to Gettysburg” 5 of 5 stars

Earn 2x Points
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Olney, IL
“September 2012 trip to Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just a quick note to say that we totally enjoyed our visit to Gettysburg and were very comfortable at the Hilton Garden Inn for the week. They were able to extend our stay and we were thrilled not to have to move. Nice and very clean! The pool and spa looked nice - I only used the exercise room though. Nice yoga mats.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
SF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Was impressed with the hotel; looked relatively new and very clean. Hotel staff at desk was very friendly and helpful.One of the nicer Hilton Garden Inns that I've stayed at.
Would like more value for my money - would be nice if breakfast was included - but 9.95 buffett is not bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I travel allot and we decided to try your hotel for a quick getaway and your staff offered exceptional service 24 hours. Sometimes you just do not see that anymore. Please see who the staff was on our date and commend all from housekeeping to front desk.

We will be back and thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monmouth County, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very impressed with this hotel!! Staff very pleasant, room very clean and updated, and very close to the center of town and other places "to see." Hallways were even very welcoming and very nicely decorated. Our room had 2 queens, which is always a plus when we can find queens instead of doubles. It also had a refrig, microwave and coffee maker - which is NOT in the bathroom. (That always gives me the "ickies" and I will never use when it is put in the bathroom.) Very, very comfortable beds and A/C worked great. Highway that the hotel is on is nearby some eateries and stores and a very short drive to town center, Dobbin House, Wills House, Battlefield, Gettysburg College, etc. And a very short drive off the major highway. A very quiet, relaxing, beautiful hotel. The reception area and restaurant are very nicely decorated and quiet, too. I was very impressed with this hotel and would definitely go back.

We did eat breakfast at the restaurant but only 1 waitress was doing service for all the tables for cooked-to-order items. She was very pleasant and I could tell she was trying her hardest to satisfy the customers, however, we felt the wait for our food took a bit long to come and we were in a rush to a college appointment. She did compensate us for having to rush through our meal which I appreciated. Food was delicious and definitely cooked-to-order (plate looked perfect) and I would definitely try again if I saw more servers/cooks.

Room Tip: I always ask for upper rooms but I assume all the hotels are ok at this hotel. Not much to look at o...
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Was very impressed with the hotel. Appeared to be new and as such very clean. Hotel staff at desk were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast staff were excellent and brought us our meal quickly. We stay in Hilton Garden Inns quite frequently and this is definitely one of the best of them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
burbank,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband, myself and another couple booked the HGI here in Gettysburg for 2 nights while touring the battlefields. I will admit that I was influenced in choosing it after reading other reviews on TA. We were beyond please with our choice. The hotel is very clean, housekeeping had our rooms cleaned each day during our stay early in the morning so we were able to return to the hotel in the afternoon to take a nap and not have to deal with a room that isn't cleaned yet. The Bath towels !!! I don't remember staying at any property ( 4 or 5 star quality) that had softer, thicker high qualtiy towels than here. Our breakfast was very good. During our stay we tried the waffles, french toast and omelets. All were served hot, looked and taste delicious. Enjoyed fresh baked cookies every evening. All the staff we dealt with were friendly. Always greeting us with a smile. If I am ever in the area again I will make the HGI my first choice. The only thing that I wish the hotel would do is add below their sign on the road that to enter the property you should turn left (about 75 ft. away) at the signal. We turned by the sign and ended up in a credit unions parking lot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Frankford, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Gettysburg, PA. The rooms and public areas are bright and clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We booked a package that included free breakfast. The food and service exceeded my expectations! This hotel is well run and a great value. We plan to stay here again when we are in Gettysburg again.