“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, CA
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is a very good choice in Gettysburg. Staff is top notch. They had great recommendations for restaurants, great directions, etc. Woman tending bar was very, very good. Good drinks, good local information. Breakfast was very good. Room was standard HGI. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
cmvendetti27, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on your stay with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We arrived before check in time and requested king size beds rather than the queens that we had originally booked. Not only did the receptionist grant our request but a found a room that was ready so we could leave our luggage. She then apologized for not having the 2nd room available explaining that they were still cleaning up after a fully booked night. Each receptionist after her continued to be friendly - patiently giving us directions, restaurant suggestions as well as attractions in the area. The rooms were comfortable and large. We love the cookies at 5:00 PM as well as a great breakfast the next morning. This HGI was consistent with others we have stayed at with an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
cmvendetti27, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write this review on our hotel. Our staff prides itself not on just giving customer service but a hospitable experience. We value each of our guests and will do our best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! I am thrilled to see that was your experience as well!!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lancaster, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I found this hotel on par with many of the other Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed at before. The staff was extremely friendly, the rooms very large and very clean, typical amenities. Very reliable quality that I can depend on. THis was a trip with my family and I was not dissappointed. Will use this hotel and will use again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
cmvendetti27, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to your next visit when in the Gettysburg Area!
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Location proximity to Gettysburg Nat'l Park can't be beat. Restaurant was great. Room was clean. Great value.

- Dan, Tampa

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to your return visit!!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

As part of COUG we were there for a living histort event at LRT and arived at the hotel late. Our romms were waiting and everyone was very helpful. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm so happy to know you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

From the time I arrived, the hotel was great. The lady at the front desk was very nice, and the room was very nice as well. My husband and I have had a long trip and were tired, and we decided we were hungry around 9:30. As I went to the restaurant to ask if they were open, an older lady looked at me and very rude said, "Well we close at 10!" My husband an I looked at each other actually discussing if we were too much of an inconvenience to her to eat there. I just felt that the response from the lady should have been something like, "Yes were open! I can seat you," or something along those lines. I did not ask her what time she closed, I asked if she was open. She was just letting me know that I should probably go somewhere else. We did end up eating there, but I felt as though she was bothered even when serving us. The hotel should maybe not have her working late shifts being older and if she needs to leave at 10, which it seemed she needed to. Needless to say, I will not be staying at this hotel anymore, being that we specifically stayed here for the restaurant and service was awful!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our property. I would like to greatly apologize over the treatment you received from one staff member at our hotel and how it negatively affected your overall experience with us. We believe we stand strong as a team and fall as a team. I will be sharing this review as I do all TripAdvisor reviews with the team and we hope that your experience will allow our team to be more aware of how important their treatment of our valued guests are at all times. I do hope you will consider staying with us again and I, again, thank you for taking time to write this review.
Meadville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I frequently stay at the HGI in Gettysburg, PA on business. Everyone there is so helpful and friendly. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. The rooms are great, clean and comfortable. The restaurant has some unique and historic? dishes. All in all, I have tried other hotels in the area and I keep coming back to the HGI.

Johnny H.

Room Tip: Gettysburg gets very busy with travelers in the summer so book a week or two in advance.