“Great Little Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
61 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2811
(717) 334-4787
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: THE BUILDING THAT HUNT'S BATTLEFIELD FRIES AND CAFE' IS IN, IS AN OLD HOUSE THAT FAMILYS ONCE LIVED IN. THE HOUSE AT 61 STEINWEHR AVE WAS NOT HERE YET DURING THE CIVIL WAR BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG, BUT WAS BUILD ABOUT 1900, YES IT IS SMALL INSIDE, BUT WE MAKE GREAT USE OF THE SPACE.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Little Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The place is a bit small and they sell all sorts of things besides food. The atmosphere is a lot of fun with pictures and memorabilia taking up every bit of space on the walls. The food was good (especially the cheese fries!) and they have a huge selection of beverages. The portions are very generous as well.

Franktown
“really liked this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

it was recommended by the motel manager and we were glad he told us about it. the waitress was nice and lunch was great and I was happy that they did veggie burgers. mine was excellent

Hummels Wharf, Pennsylvania
“Love those french fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

You cannot visit Gettysburg without stopping at Hunt's Battlefield Fries. They are the best fries I think I ever had. My daughter in law just could not wait to get there. And they give you a lot fries for the price. Cannot wait to come back.
Kathy Young
Hummels Wharf, PA

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Best cheesesteaks in the area...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my second visit to Hunt's. I enjoyed my first visit there and wanted my husband to try their food. We both got the cheesesteaks and were NOT disappointed. My husband stated that it was one of the best cheesesteaks he's ever had. I had gotten my 4 year old a grilled cheese, which was good, but after her eating half of my cheesesteak, she informed me that from now on when we stop there, she wants her own cheesesteak!!! We also ordered a small fry to share and it was way plenty for us. The shop is small and they have a lot of items for sale. We went during the off times so that it wasn't too busy. Perfect!

If you are ever making a visit to Gettysburg and looking for a good lunch, nothing fancy, just down home type of place for a cheesesteak, burger, fries, etc, please visit Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheektowaga, New York
“Prime location, reasonable prices, merely average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stopped here based on the stellar Trip Advisor reviews and were a bit disappointed. The store/restaurant is small with only a few tables inside and a few outside in nice weather. We opted to sit outside as it was cramped and dark inside. The service was friendly and the food decent (a bit greasy), but nothing special as other reviews here have stated. Prices were a bit high, as fries had to be ordered for an additional charge, sodas are in bottles, and iced tea only gets one free refill. (Though, FYI, a "small" order of fries is enough for two people to share.) Overall, not a bad stop for lunch or a quick dinner if you want convenience.

• Visited September 2013