“Don't miss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
61 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2811
(717) 334-4787
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 115 restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: THE BUILDING THAT HUNT'S BATTLEFIELD FRIES AND CAFE' IS IN, IS AN OLD HOUSE THAT FAMILYS ONCE LIVED IN. THE HOUSE AT 61 STEINWEHR AVE WAS NOT HERE YET DURING THE CIVIL WAR BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG, BUT WAS BUILD ABOUT 1900, YES IT IS SMALL INSIDE, BUT WE MAKE GREAT USE OF THE SPACE.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Even though the dining area was small the food was great and portions huge. Owners were extremely friendly, wouldn't have thought about eating here except it was highly recommended by front desk at our hotel.

Visited September 2013

90% Recommend
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious burger in an eclectic little spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After a long morning walking around the town of Gettysburg, we happened on Hunt's when it was time for lunch. The staff could not have been friendlier. One of the workers had a "civil war descendant" shirt on and he was happy to tell us about his ancestor. The burger was delicious and the fries were amazing!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Florida
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Food was good, liked the ambience...warm, small town, laid back and friendly. Owner came over and talked to us too, the waitress was a sweetheart, my daughters loved her...talked about volleyball with her. Had a cheesesteak sub that left me speechless because my mouth was constantly full!...I am getting hungry just thinking of it. I have saved this place to return if in the area. You will not regret it.

Will add photos later.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Malvern, Pa
“What a nice surprise - fries are very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Four of us had an early lunch here on Sunday. September 22nd.

I ordered the chicken cheesesteak, my husband ordered the cheesesteak, our friends ordered the cheeseburger and everyone ordered the fries.

We all thought the fries were really very good. My chicken cheesesteak was very good and I would order that again.

Decent inexpensive place for a quick bite.

Oh FYI - we do not drink soda and we usually order fresh brewed unsweetened ice tea. The fresh brewed tea is just ok.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stopped here for dinner. I had read about it on tripadvisor and we ended up staying across the street.
It was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. I had the mushroom and Swiss and my husband had the bacon cheeseburger. We shared a medium fries and it was way too much... but we still ate most of them because they tasted so good.
We even talked about going back the next day!

Visited September 2013