“Good food Pleasant atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
61 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2811
(717) 334-4787
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: THE BUILDING THAT HUNT'S BATTLEFIELD FRIES AND CAFE' IS IN, IS AN OLD HOUSE THAT FAMILYS ONCE LIVED IN. THE HOUSE AT 61 STEINWEHR AVE WAS NOT HERE YET DURING THE CIVIL WAR BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG, BUT WAS BUILD ABOUT 1900, YES IT IS SMALL INSIDE, BUT WE MAKE GREAT USE OF THE SPACE.
Belvidere
“Good food Pleasant atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a great lunch and pleasant conversation with the owner who was very informative about any questions we had. Fantastic french fries, centrally located. Also has nice little outdoor eating area.

nv4i73
“Great Eats for great prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a very small hole in the wall place but the food is terrific. On room inside in the a/c for maybe 10 or 12 people, there are some tables outside but it was in the 90's when we were there. They give you plenty to eat my wife and I both ordered the cheese steaks and just one order of onion rings. Unless you are a really big eater this will be more than enough for most people. The food was really great....just wish they had a joint like that down here near us.

Herndon, Virginia
“Great French Toast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

After reading reviews of Hunt's on TA, my husband and I decided to go there for breakfast, while visiting Gettysburg. This is a very small restaurant with its own style, which I don't think I could begin to describe. You have to see it. There were several tables of customers when we arrived around 9:30 am. We ordered a breakfast sandwich on a pretzel roll and the French toast with sausage. The French toast was very good, so good that I shared it with my husband who ate it instead of finishing his sandwich. The owner came out of the kitchen and talked to us. A very friendly guy. I told him that the next time, I wanted to try one of his famous cheesesteaks. He told me that I could have had one for breakfast. If I had know that, I would have. Try it, you'll like it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Bend, Indiana
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

You must try the pretzel bun. Delicious! The fries are amazing and the servings are huge! Eat outside, inside is kind of cramped.

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Lots more than food here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had seen reviews on this restaurant on TripAdvisor, so thought we might try it but then ran out of time. When walking by, it doesn't really look like a restaurant but we saw the sign outside so went in. Surprised to find all sorts of tin signs and other things for sale, so had to buy a couple signs for hubby's collection. We didn't eat here, so this review does not cover that.

• Visited May 2013