“Just love Hunt's!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
61 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2811
(717) 334-4787
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: THE BUILDING THAT HUNT'S BATTLEFIELD FRIES AND CAFE' IS IN, IS AN OLD HOUSE THAT FAMILYS ONCE LIVED IN. THE HOUSE AT 61 STEINWEHR AVE WAS NOT HERE YET DURING THE CIVIL WAR BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG, BUT WAS BUILD ABOUT 1900, YES IT IS SMALL INSIDE, BUT WE MAKE GREAT USE OF THE SPACE.
PY,NY
“Just love Hunt's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Ate at Hunt's all 4 days while we were in Gettysburg for Remembrance Day Weekend. The food was hot and delicious...as always. I knew it would be super busy, so we ordered ahead or waited till after the lunch crowd had gone. We enjoyed everything we ordered...the fries and cheesesteak are the best. I love the Green Mountain coffee...a great way to start your busy day. The prices are very reasonable. We ordered some food to take home. Scott, Donna and the crew are polite and fun to sit and chat with. We get a kick out of the decor...even bought a sign as a gift! I say give Hunt's a try.
Remember it's a small place and becoming more popular...so be prepared to wait a few minutes for a table or for your food- but it's so worth it!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

woodbridge
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Best food in town and you get alot for your money! Highly recommend the fries and a burger!! Outstanding owners, very friendly!

Visited November 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“The yummiest cheesesteaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I grew up in Philadelphia and I LOVE Hunt's cheesesteaks!! The best! The cheesesteaks are hot and most addicting! Great prices as well.

Visited November 2012
Maryland
“Don't let this place fool you...great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I read the great reviews and wanted to try it for myself. The place is very small so it's first come, first serve, but despite the cramped space, the food is great. I ordered a beef cheesesteak, my daughter had chicken cheesesteak, and my vegetarian son (we were worried there wouldn't be anything on the menu for him) ordered the veggie burger. The food was awesome and I would definitely go back again!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Martinez, California
“no ambiance, awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

When I first walked into this place, I was like "Wow, hats!" I reluctantly sat down and ordered the Philly Cheesesteak (Beef and Chicken). I was a bit worried. Had all those people on Tripadvisor that had given this place a thumbs up gotten it wrong? No. It was amazing. The Cheesesteak was incredible. I was so bummed it was over. The Fries are also quite good, but the Cheesesteak was better. Believe it or not, the ingredients are top notch, fresh and local. I had a chance to chat with the owner. He is a history book. Super helpful concerning the battlefield and also talked food awhile. Very knowledgeable. Next time I go to Gettysburg, I'm going here for dinner again.

• Visited October 2012