“Good value, great cheesesteaks.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
61 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2811
(717) 334-4787
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: THE BUILDING THAT HUNT'S BATTLEFIELD FRIES AND CAFE' IS IN, IS AN OLD HOUSE THAT FAMILYS ONCE LIVED IN. THE HOUSE AT 61 STEINWEHR AVE WAS NOT HERE YET DURING THE CIVIL WAR BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG, BUT WAS BUILD ABOUT 1900, YES IT IS SMALL INSIDE, BUT WE MAKE GREAT USE OF THE SPACE.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good value, great cheesesteaks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

A small dining area. Cheesesteaks are perfect. Huge portions. Nice people that work there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Glendale, Wisconsin
“Excellent cheese steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I visited this restaurant for lunch and we were so happy we did. A little funky and unique inside (a LOT going on!) but the food was very good. My husband and I shared a beef cheese steak sandwich-- which my husband states was the best he ever had. Very fresh meat and veggies. Staff was very nice and decor was entertaining. Would definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Still Dreaming of the Cheesesteaks at Hunt's Battlefield Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Honestly, Im still dreaming of their cheesesteaks. The BEST we have ever had!

This very small little nook of a restaurant is located on Steinwehr Avenue. You dont even know its a restaurant since we have been to Gettysburg several times!
There are about 6 tables with basic chairs. It has all types of memorabalia on the walls.
We are not about the "atmosphere" but we ARE all about the food. Once again, THE BEST cheesesteaks Ever....in my opinion of course.
The owners made us feel welcome and it was a delight to eat there. I have read other reviews and the snobs that write about the atmosphere should keep walking down the street and pay $50 at one of the high end places.
We will stick with this place......totally happy to ruin my diet with the GREAT food. Love it and will go back every time we are there!

Akron, Ohio
“Still great cheese steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Waited two years to come back and the cheese steaks were just as good as I remember! Prices have risen just slightly but still on the cheaper side and the portions are still big! Great place to get a fast meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Cheesesteak in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I had heard for a while that Hunt's had the best cheesesteak in town. It was true. Everything is great from the steak, to the bread, to the cheese. The staff is great too--very nice and friendly. I love the interior of the shop. Also, they have a large selection of craft sodas that are great to try. I end up getting a different one every time.

• Visited April 2011