“Excellent Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Over the years it has been hard to find a good Italian pizza place, Deliso's delivers the pizza that I remember as a child. I got the pepperoni pizza and it was awesome! If you are visiting Gettysburg I would recommend them. When I come back to Gettysburg, I will definitely visit them again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Live right down the street.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

As a local, living right down the street, we like to occasionally get take out from here. Our favorite are the calzones. The large is big enough for two people and filled with cheese and meat. Our favorite place in town for calzones.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Respond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I would like to respond to a review I just read. Deliso's food is excellent pizza subs, and dinners. WHERE the previous reviewer got the idea their pizza tasted like frozen pizza hasn't got a clue. Everything they make is made fresh right in front of YOU right down to their fresh made bread and rolls. I am Italian and their sauce is for sure the real thing.Keep up the good work and I know you take pride in what you make !! Oh!!! so good.

Visited June 2013
New Milford, Connecticut
“Pizza?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went to Deliso's last fall when I was in Gettysburg based on the excellent reviews. I received my pie less than 5 minutes after I ordered it which was the first red flag. The pie looked like an undercooked frozen pizza (which it wasn't). The cooked dough was flour white - red flag number 2. The pie tasted like it looked - red flag number 3. I was in Gettysburg again this June (2013) and thought that maybe it was a bad night at Deliso's and would give them the benifit of the doubt again based on the great reviews. I bought 1 slice which turned out to be exactly the same thing as before. The reviewers are either clueless or lying. This pizza is terrible. Far worst than frozen.
I am Italian and know what good pizza is.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Pizza, Italian, and Subs, Period”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you're looking for an inexpensive, unremarkable, relatively fast meal in Gettysburg, this is it. There's really nothing unique about it...you can find something like this in just about any town. It's also a little way outside of town and the battlefield, so it isn't the kind of place you just walk by. It isn't bad, the pizza was pretty good, and it served its purpose well.

They also have subs and various Italian dishes, but I only got a chance to try the meat pizza. It was about average, in my experience, maybe a little better.

It might be a good place to stop if you're gluten intolerant, since it seems to have a decent gluten-free menu.

• Visited May 2013