“Great pub right on the main strip” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Otisville, New York
“Great pub right on the main strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoyed an outdoor lunch two days in a row at O'Rorke's. Typical pub fare, plenty of drink options. The pretzels were delicious as were the deep fried pickles (quartered). Vegetarian options are slim, but I liked my grilled cheese with tomato on day one, and the meal-sized spinach salad I had on day two was fantastic. Only thing was they (someone who works there) allowed a party bring their dog to lunch in the covered dining area, which we found tacky (and potentially unsanitary).

Visited August 2013

Hamilton Ontario Canada
“Good place for lunch/dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The food at O'Rorke's was very good. The place is a little noisy the doors to the kitchen were squeaky and needed to be oiled. Every time the door opened you could here a lot of squeaking. Otherwise the food and service was good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fried Pickles, Need I Say More?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had lunch here because it was the closest restaurant to our Inn, wasn't expecting much when I walked in but we had such great service , a cozy corner booth, old world charm, and terrific food. I had a crabcake sandwich which was fantastic and the fried pickles...The fried pickles were the best I've ever had and I've been dreaming of them since I left, which was 5 months ago. You should definitely stop in for lunch, well worth it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Suburban Philadelphia
“Great lunch break...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

4 of us stopped in for lunch on the porch which overlooks the bustling main drag/traffic in downtown Gettysburg. Typical pub decor but an interesting menu. From the Tuna Salad Sandwich to the Feta,Walnut, chicken salad and the Irish Stew, the food was good for pub lunchtime, served with a smile!

Visited September 2013
strongstown
“Overpriced slow poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The food here is mostly frozen/instant/ precooked crap. We paid $60.00 for low quality food. The service was HORRIBLE. I didn't receive part of my order and my husband received his CLUMPED up Uncle Ben's Minute Rice AFTER the meal was finished. It was literally clumped in the shape of the serving spoon. My husband ordered well done steak and received Medium instead. When my husband asked for another beer, he was told "The bar is backed up." Others were receiving their drinks without a problem. We had to ask for napkins and silverware...didn't get any until after the appetizers. My cheese sticks came out overcooked with the cheese leaking all over the plate. The table had dried bird poo and looked like it hadn't been wiped all day. We have tried this place a few times because the deck looks inviting. We have been horribly disappointed every time. Go to Dobbin house or Farnsworth...they have great atmosphere and REAL food for the same price.

• Visited September 2013