“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 113 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: French, Eclectic, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Took my small staff here to celebrate their birthdays (they all have March birthdays). It was a wonderful evening! Food was delicious! The lamb just fell off the bone (just as our server said it would), I had the scallops and they were wonderful! Excellent choices. Wonderful mixture of tastes. Extensive wine list. Very happy with our visit. Service is slow (by American standards) - so don't plan to go and get out quickly - but to go and spend some time with those at your table enjoying a delicious meal in a very nice atmosphere. It's a bit more expensive, but well worth a pleasant evening.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
herrtav, Director of Sales at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
We are so glad you decided to select the Inn to celebrate all your birthdays. But most of all we are happy that we made it a memorable one and hope to see you back with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Syracuse
“Delicious Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Loved the scallops that I had and the green salad presentation was beautiful, however, the crouton "bowl" for the salad was dry and not as tasty as the rest of our meal

Visited March 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your meal, with the exception of the crouton. I wish you had said something that night to your waiter or waitress. We would certainly tried to change that experience for you.
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“Romantic Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was our first time at Herr Ridge. We've driven past it numerous times and thought what a nice place to go. We went for Valentine's Day and everything was special. We were seated on the front porch and our delightful waitress immediately made us feel welcome. She told us that she had been at Herr Ridge for over 20 years and all her recommendations were spot on. The price fixe Valentine's Day menu choices were excellent. My husband ordered the salmon stuffed crab. I wish I had taken a picture of it. The salmon was heart-shaped filled with crab on top of asparagus spears. The asparagus was arranged like an arrow going through the heart. The only disappointment was that it was Atlantic not King salmon. (The online menu had King Salmon listed for this entrée.) I ordered the pistachio-crusted sea bass with saffron grape salsa and it was too die for -- perfectly prepared! For dessert I had the chocolate truffle cake (melted in my mouth) and my husband the bananas foster. We definitely will be back!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We are so glad you had a romantic and memorable Valentines Day with us. We do hope you will come back and visit with us again soon. We change our menu all the time and most of our food is from the farm to the table. Most of all we like to thank you for the compliments
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Valentine's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Picture it...Valentine's Day...the reservation is made for a special night at a local restaurant that we've been planning to try for a while now. We arrive on time and the Hostess says she will take us to our seat in the "Back Dining room". My first thought is ugh...some out of the way spot in a dingy little dining room. I must say we were pleasantly surprised by the quaint dining room and even happier with the delightful waitress, Michelle, that made us feel very special on such a special day for couples. Everything was wonderful and the food was exquisite. The Inn at Herr Ridge is a must try!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the lovely compliments. I am so glad your first impression was changed after you found out where the back dining room was. We strive to make your dining experience one to remember and leave you with the desire to visit with us again.
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Food great, service lacking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I think it was our waitress's first night on the job here. We sat on the front porch and there was only one other table seated when we arrived. We waited 10 minutes for her to show up and to order drinks. When she returned with the drinks she asked if we were ready to order. She did not tell us about the specials or ask if we had any questions. Herr's has a complex menu that uses different meats and spices for it's menu and it should be explained. Management here needs to look at it's training policy. The other table on the porch had a waiter who was very good at explaining the food and also had great knowledge of their wine list. I hate asking for more water and the glass was always empty and we had to request more.
Despite the poor service the food is very good. The clam and corn chowder soup was awesome and the steak was cooked just right. We would try this place again for a meal and hope for a better trained waitress.

Visited February 2014
herrtav, General Manager at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
First I would like to Thank You for the opportunity in choosing the Inn. We strive every day to meet and exceed our guest expectations, unfortunately we fell short of this goal when you dined with us. I assure you that we are constantly training our staff to deliver superb service and knowledge, I don't know what happened to the service but I appreciate you bringing the situation to our attention so we can rectify for the future. We hope to see you again and afford us the opportunity to redeem our fine reputation.