“Good home cooking.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night
Oxford, Ohio
“Good home cooking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Good home cooked food. Portions were large for a reasonable price. They have parking behind the restaurant.

Bristol, Pennsylvania
“Improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I tend to wake up early, so I came here to drink coffee until the wife finally rolled out of bed. As I entered I said I was there for only coffee so while they were nice enough, they seemed not that interested in whether I was ready for more coffee or not. I guess the didn't think I would tip enough, which I always tip big unless the service sucks. One morning I did actually eat breakfast and found the food very good. I had eaten here years ago and felt a bit ill afterwards, but this trip all was well. Nice to see that they improved their quality. I will give it a try again on my next trip

Visited July 2014
Riner, Virginia
“Never Eat Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Everything appears to be dripped, slathered, and coated in grease, even the salads! I ate here once and would never come back. Avoid at all costs!

Visited August 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
“Home style cooking away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We drove into Gettysburg jetlagged and hungry. The Avenue was just a block or two from the battlefields and monuments and very near the center of town. It was friendly, clean and the food was tasty. Good menu. Good directional help from the cashier. And an extra: cool t-shirts for sale. Warmly recommended for a great lunch.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Pleasant Place for Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The Avenue Restaurant is kind of an old style diner/coffee shop which we found pleasant. There was a good sized menu and the prices were reasonable. The food was fine - nothing memorable - but just fine for what we came there for - a decent , non-fast food dinner with enough choices to suit everyone and good, prompt service.

Visited August 2014