“Supreme display of customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Aspire Gettysburg Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634-A Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Supreme display of customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I were in town for a wedding at the Gettysburg Links and had just enough time to check in before we had to leave. The gentleman at the desk went above and beyond the simple check-in. He provided directions to our destination and even helped me ensure my tie was perfect. This may not seem so great to others, but I was very appreciative. We arrived on time for the wedding and afterward had a relaxing night at this wonderful hotel. I would gladly recommend Aspire to anyone who is visiting Gettysburg in the future. 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Wifi was none too speak of. For the price and size, they could have a complementary breakfast or something. The room shows its age. Glad I wasn't by the elevator, they are loud with the beeping noise. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. As was the lounge staff.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
harrisburg pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Despite all the bad reviews between this hotel and the Eisenhower, we had a good experience! Accidentally booked at the Eisenhower instead of aspire and they moved us free of charge! The bed was comfy and room was clean & quiet (with A/C on) - even next to the elevator ! Our banquet dinner wasn't half bad either ...all in all a good trip.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Torrington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at this hotel with 60 8th graders on a class trip. The hotel was very accommodating to us. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel however is not located near the center of Gettysburg. I recommend this hotel for families or school trips.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel for one night as i was passing by. First of all the front desk clerk told me he could not match the price on line and that i had to go outside and do it on line this was Saturday as i was trying to check in so that just showed me this place does not care about there guest and the worst customer service ever at a hotel that i have stayed in. So i made the reservation and had to wait 15 to 30 mins till he received a fax of my reservation so that should have been another clue for bad run hotel. The only good thing about the room is there is two king beds and a fridge and microwave but they advertise there is a restaurant and lounge but apparently i was told since there was not enough guest it was not open so i had to drive 15 mins to get a meal. And on return to the hotel i see pizza delivery guy which i was not informed of that either. So far this hotel has tanked on customer service huge with me. But it gets worst as i am checking out in the morning on Sunday there the front desk clerk is sitting in her chair on her cell phone texting as she is checking me out. Never asked how was my stay or anything. I felt like I was interrupting her in her personal life. She had food and drink all over the front desk and was also eating as she was dealing with me and others that were checking out. But to top it off she didn't know what she was doing she had to constantly call someone and ask how to check me out she also looked really strung out on something her eyes were all red and she just seemed she was not there. If this is the kinda people you have working at your hotel your hotel is going to fail in all aspects. Very poor management and staffing is what this hotel is all about.

Room Tip: Do not stay here they will make you feel you are interrupting there personal life as they are on the...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Haddonfield, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have nothing but complaints for this place so let me say the positives first. The guy at the front desk when I checked in was nice enough. The sheets were soft. That's all i've got, seriously! I booked here because I have wanted to take my boys to Gettysburg for quite some time but wanted to wait for them to be a little older to truly "get it". The deal showed up on Livingsocial so I jumped on it. I looked at their website (first mistake) and judging by that made the decision to buy the voucher.
As far as I can tell this is a brand change, although when they bought, rather than remodel, they just left it as-is and reopened. Upon walking in the front door to check in I knew that I had made a bad decision. The ceiling of the carport area was really gross with mildew, then as I walked in I noticed that all of the floor times were cracked. I checked in and although I asked for the top floor I was given a room on the first floor. Not only was it on the first floor but it was smack dab in the middle of a wedding party! UGH! Lots of noise! The beds were clean, however the sink in the bathroom still had toothpaste on the cold water handle! EW! The kitchen area was all chipped up, the shower chrome was all worn off. The beds were VERY uncomfortable! The floor tiles in the room were also all cracked. There was no remote for the TV, no box of tissues. There are also no options for food anywhere remotely close by so when you wake in the morning, you're going to need to hightail it out of there in search of some food.
The whole experience was just creepy. Would never go back.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

This hotel was advertised as a full service hotel. We booked it on-line because it advertised an indoor pool and restaurant/lounge on-site. After we checked in, I asked about the pool and was told it was closed for renovations. We then later found out the restaurant/lounge was also closed. Our room was large but only okay with some peeling wallpaper and a shower surround covered in soap scum. The topper was having to move to a different room at 9 pm because there was a mouse in our room. The second topper was the refusal to be refunded our second night's stay so that we could look for another hotel. The front desk staff was great, but obviously the management leaves a lot to be desired. With all the nice hotels in Gettysburg, I would never recommend this hotel. Don't be fooled by the pictures on it's website.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aspire Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!