“awesome hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Johns Creek, Georgia
“awesome hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Thank you to Thomas B and Elizabeth T for such a warm welcome and great hospitally.We were on a road trip from New York to Georgia and were so tired.We were so excited to get the last room.I was so happy to see how all the hotels in the area worked together to find us a room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
T C B, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear sandy d,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate the kind words about our staff.

The next time you are in our beloved town of Gettysburg please give us a call. We would love to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sayre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My stay at the Aspire Hotel in Gettysburg, PA was an overall positive experience. Each room is over-sized with 2 king beds, a desk, a small couch, a chair with footstool, a flat-screen tv, a microwave, mini-fridge, 2 sinks, and a spacious bathroom. Water pressure was not an issue with the shower in my room, which was pleasantly surprising. My only qualm with the bathroom was that the fan didn't seem to work; however, it didn't really make a big difference with anything. One of the beds had a sunken spot on the mattress and could have used a flip, but the other was fine and quite comfortable. The climate control kept the room a nice and cool temperature. I got a first-responder discount, so my room rate was just over $100/night, which is considerably cheap. My big beef with the hotel is that the restaurant was closed the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I was there, and was only open 7-10 am on my departure day. Their bar/lounge was closed Monday and Tuesday, and when they are open it is from 4:30-11:00 pm. I was unable to get in there for a drink with my schedule, so I don't have too many details on prices. Realistically, when I stay in a hotel room, my concern is the room and, aside from the issue with the one bed, I had a fantastic stay. It's not very far out of town, and is located on Emmittsburg Road, meaning that a five minute drive down the road has you through the middle of the battlefield and downtown. Definitely worth the trip, especially if you are on a budget.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
T C B, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hello Rob L,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We value your feedback.

We are sorry to read that the Restaurant and Bar hours did not combine well with your plans.

It's nice to read that you found us to be a good value and that you enjoyed your stay.

If there is anything we can help you with in the future, please give us a call.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

THe hotel was very nice and cleaned, it would of been great if we have a free breakfast to go with our stay. overall everything was great, nice big rooms, big beds and very nice to sleep on. I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
T C B, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hello Curt K,

Thanks for your review. We value your feedback.

Please keep us in mind the next time your are in our beloved town of Gettysburg. We would love to have you as our guest again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I used to live in Gettysburg and still visit frequently on business. This was my first time staying at this hotel. I checked in and went to my room. There was a red coagulated dried liquid on the floor and curtains. It looked like blood. Additionally, the wall behind the computer desk had what looked to be dried vomit on it. I went to the front desk and informed them - thinking they would chance my room (on check in I was told there were only a dozens guests in the hotel that evening). To my astonishment the lady at the desk said the best she could do was to leave a note for housekeeping in the morning! So I asked about their deli - it was 4:30pm and the sign stated they were open 4pm - 9pm that day. She said the food was very good. So I waked to the deli which is in an adjoining hotel connected by a enclosed walkway (the old Eisenhower Hotel if you know the area) - it was a long walk. I got there to find.....it was closed. The sign said they were open but they were obviously closed. A maintenance guy was walking by and stated "oh no, not again". He called on his radio and the front desk said they were supposed to be open. Then another voice on the radio said "oh, the staff decided it did not look like they would be very busy so they all went straight back home."

By now I was not happy. I went into town and found some dinner. Upon my return I was unpacking when I noticed that I had no wireless internet. I called the front desk and was told it is usually down. I went to take a bath after my long drive, and discovered the plug for the bath/shower was broken and I had to settle for a shower. I called the front desk and asked for a 6am wake-up call. At 7am when I woke up I called and asked why I had not received a wake up call - I was told they were having "issues" with the system. I went to the Front desk the next morning and told them to be sure Housekeeping got the note about the blood & vomit (that I had to sleep with) and that I wanted to speak with a manager when I got back to my room that evening. I was informed the assistant GM would be down to my room after 4pm (when I got back). They said she would take care of everything. By 7 pm no manager had shown, so I went to the front desk. I was told that she had been very busy and had already went home.

I checked out the next morning, and asked one last time for a manager. I wanted an adjustment to my room charge for all the horrible crap I had been through. I was told the manager was late, and they were not sure when they would be in, and that they were not authorized to make such changes.

I could go on (oh yes, this is not nearly all that happened) but I want to just wrap this up. I will certainly never stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend it to anyone. Spend a little more and do yourself a favor.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
T C B, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello Michael N,

We sincerely apologize for any problems you experienced during your stay with us earlier this week.

The issues you encountered have been addressed with Housekeeping, Maintenance, Deli, Front Desk, and the entire Management team. Your experience is far from acceptable and far below our standard guest experience.

The statement in your second to last paragraph is particularly bewildering to us. The morning you checked out we had a Manager at the Front Desk during checkout. After we reviewed our “Full Circle” log, the problems you encountered were not verbalized to any team member.

Our full Circle log is designed to follow any guest inconvenience from its inception through to its resolution; and ultimately the guest’s satisfaction. Our Front Desk staff understands that they are authorized to do whatever is necessary to resolve issues.

We thank you for your review. This will help us pinpoint any breakdown in communication so we can work to constantly improve our guest’s experience.

If there is anything we can do to make this up to you please let us know. We would welcome a call from you in the next few days if you wish to contact us. This will help us clarify exactly what happened. Our phone number is 717-334-2755.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We visited Gettysburg to tour the battlefields and to go to Hershey Park. This hotel is very conveniently located to all the attractions of Gettysburg. Hershey Park was less than an hour away. The room we stayed in was very large and clean. We had two kings size beds, a nice TV, desk, free wifi, a fridge, a microwave, coffee pot and a few cabinets. These amenities were perfect for our 5 day stay. The staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. We got a few meals from the deli and they were yummy and reasonably priced. We will definitely return in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
T C B, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello Jeannie M,

Wow! Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel.

It's great how you noticed that our location is only a few minutes from everything in Gettysburg. Thanks for the kind words about our staff, our deli, and our accommodations.

The next time you are in the Gettysburg area please give us a call. We would love to have you as our guest again!
Tinton Falls, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was looking on the computer for a inexpensive room. I clicked on the Eisenhower and called directly. I was transfered over to the Aspire desk. The girl I spoke to on the phone was very pleasant. When I got there I was greeted at the desk by the pleasant voice I heard on the phone. Not only was I impressed with her professionalism, but this woman (Elizabeth) was very beautiful too. She informed me that the room had two king sized beds and a pull out sofa, which was perfect for my family of six. This is only the second time ever I have ever been able to stay at a hotel that was spacious and accomodating.
Whenever I asked Elizabeth a tourist question she was happy to look up the answer for me on the computer or call the establishment and get the answer first hand.
In the morning I went to the front desk to inquire about a late check out since my kids wanted to go swimming and I wanted them to shower before leaving. Once again I was greeted by a pleasant black woman (sorry I didn't get your name) and was granted a late check out. Everyone I encountered there was helpful.
If we ever get to return to this place this hotel will be first on our list. The hotel is located by the battlefields and has a go kart track directly across the street, though we didn't have time to check it out. Tell Elizabeth Paul said Hi and I left great feedback just like I said I would. It was well deserved.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
T C B, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words njvig64. We are thankful to have such wonderful staff working here.

We believe that people make the difference in anything we do and anywhere we go, and your experience is proof of that.

The next time you are in our area please stop by or give us a call. We would love to see you again!
Gainesville, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Place was just OK, we had a Groupon for our stay, and without a coupon I probably wouldn't stay there again. The restaurant was closed, no bar onsite like they say....every hotel you go to anymore usually has a breakfast, this had nothing. Hotel is kinda dingy, def not redone like they said. The rooms were big and the 2 king size beds were nice, but nothing really special about this place for me to stay there again.

Room Tip: Nothing special about this place
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello Denice C,

We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than stellar. Please accept our apology for any frustration that was caused by our restaurant and bar hours. There are plenty of fantastic restaurants in Gettysburg. We would have loved to point you in the right direction to them.

We are sorry to hear that our room didn’t live up to your expectations. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep our rooms in excellent condition.

If there is anything we can do to make it up to you now or in the future, please give us a call.

Been to Aspire Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!