“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We booked into this hotel, realising it was outside of Gettysburg but the advertising said there was a restaurant and bar on site. Well, there was, but they were not open. The receptionist said they were closed because it was low season! I hardly think Easter week counts as low season and this was not the case when we went to book in another hotel. Quite a few were fully booked!

Having said that, the room was a bit tired but the beds were comfortable. I read that the hotel was newly opened but I think that was after a name change and not a new build as I had assumed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
T C B, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hello Elizabeth M,

We regret that you walked away from our hotel with such a negative impression. Our restaurant and bar were not open when you checked in, but they were to be opened later that afternoon. We apologize for the confusion. There are many fantastic restaurants in Gettysburg we would have loved to recommend to you.

Thanks for mentioning that you found our beds to be comfortable.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your confidence. Please give us a call at 717-334-2755.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
River Edge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Good location right down the road from the battlefield. My suggestion to the managers is to train the front staff on the surrounding area. If you go to Gettysburg, I feel the staff should know the location of the battlefield and the museum.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Emily V,

Thanks for your candid feedback. We are pleased to read that you found our location accessible to the battlefield. We are located only about a mile from the Gettysburg National Military Park.

Since your review we have provided a training program for our Front Desk staff to help them stay informed on our local area and attractions.

Thanks again for staying with us. We are looking forward to the chance to have you as our guest again.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a great room, with a lot of space -- 2 king size beds and a sleeper sofa, all for a very affordable price. The overall space of the hotel was nice, although we didn't really explore. The location is great, only a few miles from downtown Gettysburg and several buildings and facilities on the property, including an "adventure" park with mini golf, arcades and go karts, although it is only open May-October.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Yorktown, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Hotel hosted a group Bears, Bikers and Mahem4 which was a group of gay men into bondage. They had run of the Hotel and most were dressed in nothing but leather jock straps roaming the hotel being openly affectionate with one another and participating in sex acts in the pool, I always and lounge. It was an embarrassment for families at the Hotel. Their vendor area where sex toys were openly displayed and their "Private Party" area where areas were set up for sex acts was in a location that these families and their children had to pass to access the lounge, snack and gift shop and restaraunt. The hotel staff allowed this even though complaints were made.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Whiteford, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

when arriving at the hotel on March 29, 2013 they wer hosting a convention of the gay community, I do not have the problem with this type of convention, and found the majority of the population very pleasant and nice. But to my shock while sitting in the lobby two men came through with one and hand cuffs being lead by a leash, that was disturbing enough, but right after that a man came through with just a cloth over his private parts and is total butt hanging out. I would not stand for this even if it was a women on a leash or a women with her butt hanging out. I am glad that my grandchildren was not with us. I really blame the management on this for not controlling this type of behavior.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fallston, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

From the moment I called and talked to Thomas B who gave me top notch customer service. I stayed in the suite & it was very, very nice. I was impressed that it had 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 king beds that were very comfortable & a sitting room. Great price & close to all attractions. I met Thomas B on several occasions while staying the weekend & he went out of his way for us. The only downfall was the pool was far away from our room. Overall, very happy & Thomas B you rock. Would highly recommend my friends to this hotel & to ask for Thomas B. I had to reschedule twice and left a message. He returned my call & just took the extra step. I did not use the pool or fitness center so I can not comment on those amenitiies

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is just average. Average room ( updated and clean bedding was a plus), bathroom was not cleaned, the shower was cracked tiles, the shower head dripped and the door came within two inches of hitting the toilet. Very cramped. The hotel was okay, no real decor and the halls were somewhat dark as well. The location was okay, at the edge of town. Average place in Gettysburg. Would not necessarily recommend. Not the worse place you could stay but definatly not luxury by ANY means.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aspire Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!