“The beginning of something special” 4 of 5 stars

Aspire Gettysburg Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634-A Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #21 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Oil City
“The beginning of something special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Amazing staff! While the facility was a bit rough around the edges the people working here made up the difference creating a great experience. I had car troubles while I was at a workshop and the staff helped find me resources and coordinate things so I could focus on my work. A huge relief!

I also suggest trying the pineapple!

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the USS Horne reunion. First time here. Hotel was great. Staff very friendly. Rooms clean and spacious. Wish the restaurant was open more during the week but I understand there was just not enough business to justify. When the restaurant was open it was excellent. The lounge was great. Lelani is an excellent manager and super friendly. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Newport, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are very comfortable and am hoping to go back next year to see what improvements have been made, sometimes it is about the effort the People put into a project that makes a place worth the trip.

philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just stayed here for a conference. Rooms were huge & clean & well appointed. Service was great, everyone from the front desk staff to managers to waiters were very friendly. We ate all of all meals here as well, the food was very good and I'm generally a picky eater!

Two downsides: the wifi was spotty at times, and the gym--in the old Eisenhower part of the hotel--was awful. Three cardio machines; a treadmill that was Out of Order, an ancient stair master that I couldn't get to input a workout, and a primitive exercise bike (which worked great, just outdated!). Did not do weights, as 3 of the 4 weight machines had extremely cracked foam pads that badly needed replacing. I know many people do not use hotel gyms, but for those that do, it's a letdown.

Overall though, a great experience. Would come back again for a business event.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a brief stay at Aspire hotel September 14-15 2013. We bought a voucher from livingsocial.com and planned our discounted overnight stay for the weekend opening ceremonies at the Seminary Ridge Museum to which we donated. We checked in early evening Saturday and went to our room to put luggage away. The room was large with two king size beds and a sleeper sofa. The bathroom was a comfortable size as well. Everything was clean and neat. We didn't spend too much time in the room as we wanted to eat dinner before the ceremonies started at the museum. We returned to our room around 8:30 because i was tired being 37 weeks pregnant.
Around 1:00 I awoke to find my water had broke. After waking my husband, I called the front desk and asked the woman on duty to please call for help. While waiting for an ambulance, hotel security stopped by the room to offer assistance. Once the ambulance arrived, the security officer assured us that if we had left anything in our room after hastily packing, he would contact my husband and hold any item. I delivered my first daughter that night in Gettysburg Hospital. The security guard did give a curtesy call to check on our well being going above and beyond expected customer service. So I want to thank the staff on duty early morning Sunday the 15 for keeping calm and being so efficient and helpful during our brief stay at Aspire.

• Stayed September 2013
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a Living Social Coupon and this was our first visit to Gettysburg and this hotel. We booked a double king room and OMG was it spacious. Our room had a couch, microwave and small fridge. It also had a second sink outside the bathroom, which was great when someone was using the bathroom. The front desk people were extremely nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Since my son had been attending Mount Saint Mary's University we have always used this facility. Now that he's working in the area my wife decided to stop off while coming home from our vacation to see him and do the tourist thing in Gettysburg.
We arrived on Thursday evening around 9:30 to be told we were "upgraded" to the Aspire (We always use the Eisenhower Inn). My last visit at his graduation in may was the room needed a redoing as the carpet was worn, some parts of furniture were broken etc.
When we went to the ASPIRE I was told everything was fine, given my key and told we were on the third floor and to take the elevator. WOW did they upgrade us or what?!! This room had 2 King Beds, a writing desk, several lamps, a flat screen HD tv. I was shocked and extremely pleased. I actually contemplated trying another facility since I was not happy in May but because I had always been pleased in the four years we had been going there decided to give it another try. They are making headway at Aspire/Eisenhower. Give them a try.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aspire Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!